About this role: Automotive Technician
Brunel is working with a major EPC company looking to hire and experienced Automotive Technician to join their team in Annandale, New Jersey. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting mechanical engineers in the planning and testing of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery, such as engines, instruments, controls, robots. machines, etc. The Automotive Technician will also be responsible for assisting in the preparation of proposals and cost estimates.
We are seeking an experienced Automotive Technician to join our team in Annandale, New Jersey. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting mechanical engineers in the planning and testing of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery, such as engines, instruments, controls, robots, machines, etc. The Automotive Technician will also be responsible for assisting in the preparation of proposals and cost estimates.
Location: Annandale, New Jersey
Hours: 40 per week; potential for some OT
Facility: Laboratory/Testing Facility
• Assist mechanical engineers in the planning and testing of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery.
• Prepare proposals and cost estimates.
• Actively participate in the use of all on the job safety tools.
• Review job packs.
• Identify any safety issues associated with job end ensure removal/mitigation prior to working.
• Execute work as planned.
• Record technical history as required by workgroup (Global Reliability Tool (GRT), data sheet, etc.).
• Provide feedback on job pack improvements to Execution FLS.
• Request permits and notify Supervisor if permit cannot be issued within 30 minutes of requested time.
• Discipline appropriate certification(s) if applicable or equivalent professional experience.
• Strong communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely describe conditions in the field and recommend remediation steps.
• Team Player; exhibits effective teamwork when working with persons over whom the person may have no direct authority and willingness to assist others.
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs.
If you are a self-motivated individual with a passion for the automotive industry and have the skills and qualifications we are looking for, we encourage you to submit your application. This is a long-term opportunity with potential for growth within our company.
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a safe on-boarding process. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are supporting projects and clients worldwide. With Brunel you gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Brunel has a reputation of working with some of the best in the business. That's what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we've created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Isabela Torres via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Brazil - Rio de Janeiro