About this job
- Market: Industry
- Industry: High Tech
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Overijssel
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, 18 March 2023
About this role: Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support department plays a central role in supplying design and test
solutions for Central Heating and Domestic Hot Water appliances. The department consists of two
groups: a 'Protoshop' group and a 'Lab' group.
The 'Protoshop' assists in creating tangible solutions for an appliance that is being designed. The
experienced employees give advice and feedback on the appliance construction during the whole
design process. The group has an extensive workshop with various mechanical construction
The 'Lab' group provides laboratory test solutions for the appliance development process. Having the
laboratory as its home base, the group delivers different types of standard test rigs,
harmonized software and coordinated work processes to other R&D Labs as well. It takes care of
the availability of equipment and all calibrations of the managed instruments. The group ensures the
correct functioning and needed development of a broad variety of measurement software.
As Technical Support Engineer – Software, you will be responsible for the development and
maintenance of the measurement and calibration software used for the R&D Labs. This software is
essential for obtaining reliable test results. You translate user requirements into a structured, well
documented piece of software which will facilitate and improve the large amount of test work. Besides
you guarantee the correct functioning and availability of necessary R&D IT hardware components like
- Responsible for the quality and availability of all R&D Lab software applications both managed
centrally for several TT R&D Labs, and locally;
- Responsible for the correct functioning and availability of necessary R&D IT hardware components
like measurement PCs and data-acquisition modules;
- Responsible for up-to-date and accurate documentation of all R&D Lab software.
- Translation of user requirements into a basic design for the software to be developed;
- Creation and testing of software code, standalone or in co-operation with an external software partner;
- Setting up test plans and execution of acceptance tests;
- Version management and documentation of software;
- Set-up and maintain R&D IT hardware components like measurement PCs and data-acquisition
modules Software and IT problem solving both locally and internationally;
- Create user manuals.
- Bachelor degree or Master in Computer science or comparable;
- Knowledge of Measurement and Control technology or comparable;
- Structured way of working (documentation, follow-up & initiative);
- Excellent quality awareness skills;
- Thorough knowledge of LabVIEW, database structures, SQL and Office VBA;
- Proactive team player;
- Good communications skills in Dutch and English.
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job opportunity in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is greatly valued; where your personal initiatives will be noticed and rewarded; and where you will receive all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career. This is your opportunity to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment.
Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at CZ Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering intermediates both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies. Together we will find the job which meets your wishes.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.