About this role:
We’re hiring a Technical Advisor in Alberta for a 1-year contract with our client, a world leader in developing products and services that enhance animal health, wellness and performance.
This is a full-time position available for a Technical consultant based in Alberta. If you enjoy, beef lot health and adding value to a customer with strong technical support, then this opportunity is worth consideration.
With technical leadership, the Technical consultant is the external and internal technical advocate of their product brands as well as the company brand. This role promotes the company and its products with key feedlot customers, veterinarians, key consultants and feed mill business. The Technical consultant provides technical input in case of questions; inquiries or complaints related to the company products or diseases areas. If appropriate, the Technical consultant will conduct demonstration trials for customer and/or product registration use according to established protocols. The Technical consultant will also be responsible for the interpretation and communication strategy of the results.
With his/her in-depth understanding of customer needs, the Technical consultant will provide product innovation input by anticipating change and preparing for the future.
Functions, Duties & Tasks:
- To serve as a technical advisor to customers, demonstrate strong knowledge in feedlot health, economically important diseases, and data analysis;
- To increase the technical and scientific proficiency on Beef products, conduct fieldwork and technical assessments, to generate data;.
- To increase the technical proficiencies of sale representative in all beef products; travel with rep, train on beef products, disease state and industry practices; prepare technical materials and presentations for internal and external audiences;
- Build & maintain strong and enduring business partnerships/relationships with technical decision makers in key accounts, with academia and researchers;
- Attend expert conference, large trade industry events to network and inform the team of industry trend, competitor messages;
- Work actively with sales and Marketing, to develop materials needed to support the strategy;
- Involve the Pharmacovigilance group when hearing about AE's according to internal SOP, and provide support for AE investigation upon request by the Pharmacovigilance group.
What you need to bring:
- Veterinary practicing license within one of the Canadian provinces is required;
- Five years field experience (practice or commercial experience);
- Team player with high degree of customer focus (Listening and questioning);
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Organizational skills: ability to handle several tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent English (both passive and active);
- Significant field time, including overnights.
Estimated percentage of time spent
- Travel to Customers supporting business 40%;
- Training/Teaching Sales Representatives 10%;
- Technical Follow up & Adverse Events 20%;
- Review technical accuracy of Promotional Materials 10%;
- Contribute to sales and marketing strategy 10%;
- Post Approval Product Trials Coordination 10%.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Monnatha Grego is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
Want new jobs sent to your inbox daily?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement