About this role:
- Actively recruiting for a Steel Superintendent. Must have LNG construction experience. Preferred candidates have previous ExxonMobil experience;
- Location: Sabine Pass, TX;
- Industry Vertical: LNG;
- Target Mobilization: February 2021;
- Expected Duration: ~3 years;
- Required Certs: Valid TWIC (or be able to obtain within 30 days upon hiring);
- Reports to: Area Construction Lead.
- The Steel Superintendent focuses on planning and execution of the LNG Plant scope of the project;
- This position will work closely with Company and Contractor discipline Engineers for review of Contractor deliverables;
- The role is characterized by;
- Champion Worker Safety Programs;
- Oversee site contractor fabrication, construction, and hookup work activities during Execution Phase;
- Provide the interface between the work face and the Area Construction Lead(s);
- Provide construction core competency expertise to project team;
- Ensure good communications and relations with the contractors;
- Responsibilities shall include the following;
- Serve as day-to-day interface with contractor and craft labor during the Construction Phase, providing a focus on safety, quality, cost, and schedule;
- Provide safety monitoring/leadership;
- Interface with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues/progress;
- Provide oversight of contractor’s materials management/verification systems;
- Ensure compliance with specifications, procedures, and plans;
- Monitor workforce productivity and progress relative to schedule;
- Monitor environmental compliance, as required;
- Interface with contractor for field level changes, e.g., scope, costs, etc;
- Verify post-site arrival of procured equipment and engineering equipment.
What you need to bring:
- Technical degree with 10+ year site exp;
- High School/Technical Training with 15 years construction exp;
- Working Knowledge of;
- Structural Codes- AWS D1.1/ASTM;
- Industry Codes ISO/NACE;
- Steel fabrication methods;
- Welding processes and NDE techniques i;
- CSWIP/CWI Qualifications required;
- PCN/ASNT NDE Qualifications;
- BGAS/NACE Coatings Qualifications.
- Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a safe on-boarding process;
- With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are supporting projects and clients worldwide;
- With Brunel you gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
- Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business;
- That’s what we continually strive for;
- Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services;
- Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Keith Jones is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel USA - Houston