About this role:
We’re hiring a Senior Piping Designer for our client, a leading oil & gas company, to join their growing team. This is a Permanent position in Hyderabad location.
Piping Designer is accountable for producing and maintaining piping deliverables (including, but not limited to: drawings, BOMs, 3D models and sketches) in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications within the schedule and budget as set-out by the Lead Piping Designer/Engineer.
The responsibilities of the Piping Designer shall include, but are not limited to, those contained in the following statements:
- Assist in the design and layout activities on projects under the direction of a Lead Designer;
- 3D modelling using PDMS/CADWorx for piping design of skid packages;
- Draught & check detailed design drawings of piping systems & supports in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications;
- Review materials take-offs and bill of materials. Ensure that the quantities are within budget and any changes are documented with approval from Lead Engineer/ Engineering Manager/Project manager;
- Prepare 2D equipment layout, piping layout, general arrangement drawings, piping isometrics and detail drawings using Autocad;
- · Basic knowledge of Piping flexibility and supports is mandatory;
- · Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices;
- · Manage drawings and records to demonstrate procedural compliance with QA activities for internal reviews;
- Establish good working relationships and communication with discipline leads, department managers and clients;
- · Visit yard during construction and understand improvements needed in design;
- Adhere to the HSE requirements stipulated by Company/Clients;
- Undertake any other general duties that may be requested. The list of duties is not exhaustive in any way and may change at any time.
What you need to bring:
Minimum of 10-15 years of work experience in the Oil & Gas industry with at least 5 years in similar position.
- Diploma in Mechanical engineering from an accredited university or equivalent;
- · Experience in similar position working for EPC Projects in Oil & Gas sector;
- Should have basic piping design knowledge for Process equipment like Separators, Columns, Exchangers, Fin fan coolers used in Oil & Gas projects;
- Piping design experience related to Process skids and packages for upstream/midstream projects would be preferred;
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in the use of AutoCAD/Microstation 2D;
- Ability to demonstration 3D Modelling experience using PDMS/ CADWorx;
- A basic understanding of constructability, operability and maintainability requirements;
- Must have good working knowledge of piping codes and standards (ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI etc…);
- Display a working knowledge of industry standard drafting practices;
- Verbal and written communication using English is compulsory;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications;
- Strong work ethic and proactive drive to deliver projects within schedule;
- Ensure deliverables meet strict quality standards;
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a company registered in the Netherlands with over 10,000 employees in 104 offices across 35 countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Upstream Oil & Gas, Downstream Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power Generation, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Pay Rolling, Contract Hire and Direct Hire services for major Operating companies and EPC contractors.
Today, we’ve grown into a global service provider with an annual turnover of € 885 million, and we’re listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and included in the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX).
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sneha Poranki is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy India Mumbai
Do you want daily vacancies?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement