About this role:
We’re hiring a Senior HSE Manager for our client, a multinational Mining company, to join their team. This is a full time, permanent position.
- Reporting to the HSE Business Partner – Atlantic Operations
- Working in a challenging and exciting environment within Health, Safety, and Environment
- Managing the HSE function on site, determine priorities, allocate resources and deliver assurance;
- Coaching and influencing leadership on HSE aspects and zero harm culture;
- Collaborating with site leadership, contractors, community stakeholders, and the bargaining unit
- Implementing processes to effectively control the critical safety risks
- Coaching, training and supporting the development of aspiring local HSE professionals, to provide a legacy of experience for the safe operation of the smelter
- Translate business strategies, objectives and context into a HSE implementation plan
- Provide input as part of the leadership team to shape the business HSE strategy
- Proactively identify threats and opportunities to business objectives based on trends derived from data, conversations and observations
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 10+ years’ experience in in HSE in a lead or managerial role
- Large project experience within mining or similar field is ideal
- Highly effective engagement, communication and consulting skills
- Ability to influence strategy; translate strategy into practical and innovative solutions; and deliver improved productivity
- Ability to anticipate future functional and operational business needs, and effectively deploy functional resources to achieve agreed outcomes
- Ability to design and deliver solution options beyond her/his immediate area of expertise, through personal knowledge, skill, experience, and networks
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
Want new jobs sent to your inbox daily?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement