About this role:
Are you already in a Reservoir Project Team but looking for something to add to your resume? Perhaps have some time between roles? Or maybe you aren’t even looking for fulltime? This could be perfect for you.
Applicants are invited for a 25% role (about 10 hours per week) for a 4-month secondment as part of a Project Team based in Houston, TX in a major Oil & Energy organization.
You’ll be contributing to ideas and research for the discovery phase of the Water Production Challenge project for a major gas development in Trinidad. Your focus will be researching and coming up with solutions to address issues in three areas related to water production – arresting water in the reservoir, the wellbore, and at subsea.
As Reservoir Engineer to the team, you will work collaboratively to form multiple solution hypotheses that can be tested and validated with internal and external stakeholders. At the project mid-point, the team will pitch ideas for funding.
This role is a great development opportunity for you to learn and share.
In this role you will be:
- Ensuring ideas are aligned with business needs while driving creative and fast paced development from idea to pilot to implementation.
- Providing reservoir and petroleum technical leadership and opportunity valuation expertise, with consideration of risk to help the project team understand what drives value.
- Working closely with external partners to identify and resolve existing technology gaps
What you need to bring:
- Minimum 5-8 years post-qualification experience (preferably in Petroleum or Reservoir Engineering)
- Demonstrated reservoir or petroleum engineering skill set and would be preferable to have prior experience in deep water gas reservoirs
- Experience in water production surveillance knowledge and reservoir management from and near the wellbore
- Ability to be a flexible, resourceful and collaborative problem-solver
- Ability to be deal with complexity and distil key issues from a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with clear ability to communicate key issues with senior executives and influence plans, programs and strategies internal and external
If you are ready to work collaboratively and build relationships at all levels then get in touch today.
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a 401k. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are ideally placed to help you get the contract that best suits you. With Brunel you will gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Anything Else?Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Keith Jones is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel USA - Houston
Want new jobs sent to your inbox daily?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement