About this role:
We’re hiring for a Research Technologist for our client, a large Petrochemical company, to join their team. This is a one year contract position with potential for extension.
The Analytical Team provides a full range of analytical testing of polymer and raw materials to our clients in Manufacturing, R&D, and Technical Services and ultimately supports the development and commercialization of new polyethylene products. This position requires an immediate focus on the support of analysis using Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC), Temperature Rising Elution Fractionation (TREF) and FTIR and a variety of wet chemistry analytical tests.
- Preparing and testing samples following established Laboratory Test Procedures (LTPs)
- Processing, analyzing data, generating analytical reports, and reporting results using a LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System)
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to develop new test methods when appropriate
- Updating LTPs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and other documentation as required in your role
- Provide extensive client support on analytical tests and techniques to ensure proper understanding of data interpretation and selection of appropriate analytical protocols
- Maintain and adhere to Responsible Care laboratory practices: FCMs, chemical handling, waste disposal, peer feedback, fume hood & oven checks, chemical inventory, cylinder handling, pressure equipment
- Operate and maintain a TCB distillation unit
- Training of laboratory staff on analytical test and preparation methods
- Equipment stewardship including calibration, maintenance, and repair, troubleshooting, document reviews, and supplies management
- Participating in the LIMS room sample retain management process
- As a member of the Analytical Team, you will also be responsible for becoming proficient and knowledgeable on a wide range of chemical analytical tests and techniques
What you need to bring:
- Diploma in Chemical Laboratory Technology or B.Sc. in Chemistry
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position
- Hands-on experience as an Analytical Chemist in an industrial or service laboratory setting is considered an asset.
- Must be able to collaborate and work well in a team environment.
- Experience with Laboratory Management Systems
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
Want new jobs sent to your inbox daily?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement