About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branche: Mining
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, August 19, 2022
About this role: Project Manager/Lead - Bulk Earthworks
Brunel Energy is sourcing an experienced Project Manager/Lead - Bulk Earthworks for one of our blue-chip mining clients, to oversee a $100M pit development project in the WA Pilbara region, currently in early study phase.
This is a Perth-based assignment for an expected duration of 12-18 months, requiring a very capable Project Manager (bulk earthworks) with similar prior experience in the delivery of full lifecycle projects of similar scale and scope.
Reporting to the Area Engineer Projects, you will:
- Ensure the safe delivery of the portfolio of sustaining capital projects from pre-feasibility, through feasibility and into implementation
- Monitor project progress and compliance to schedule
- Liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project phases
- Act as point of communication between the Perth and the operational teams
- Review and implement project plans, documents and standards
- Ensure all site construction activities are delivered in line with Rio Tinto HSE standards and policies
What you need to bring:
- Relevant tertiary/ trade qualifications or qualifications in project management
- 10+ years in managing bulk earthwork projects (pit development preferably)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build positive and trusting relationships across a wide range of stakeholders
- Project management experience within a mining or heavy industrial environment
- An understanding of cost management and control of a project budget
- A current ‘C’ class driver’s license
- Perth based (CBD) role with site visits – home every night Monday to Friday
- Flexible working arrangement including WFH options available
- Very competitive rates with 10% Superannuation paid on all hours
- Brunel Benefits – salary packaging, flexible payroll options, discounted Gym & health membership, corporate travel benefits plus more
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Naomi Byrne is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Projects Australia Perth