About this role:
We are hiring a Project Engineer for our client an Australian Engineering company focused on leading mining projects.
This individual will be working with world-class clients to bring solutions that are as imaginative as they are inspiring. They will thrive on taking on the challenging projects to deliver outstanding results for our clients and outstanding opportunities for our people. The nature of our work requires both divergent and convergent thinking – that is combining innovative approaches with meeting scope, budget, schedule and specifically working to deadlines.
- Act as Project Engineer for a variety of assignments across client base
- Assist Business Development with generation of estimates and proposals
- Manage the development and documentation of study / project execution strategy and procurement / contract packaging strategy
- Lead the preparation of comprehensive and realistic plans for; tender, evaluation and award of procurement and contract packages, delivery of equipment and materials to site, and execution of construction and commissioning services on site
- Coordinate engineering and procurement efforts for timely preparation, evaluation and recommendation of procurement packages
- Coordinate multi-discipline efforts for timely preparation, evaluation, and recommendation of sub-contract packages, including direct responsibility for preparation of Scope of Work and other Tender Schedules
- Manage interfaces between engineering / procurement / logistics / contracts and the construction team to resolve issues impeding contractor progress, e.g.; incomplete or inaccurate engineering design, missing or late materials, site instructions or contract variations needed to allow work on site to proceed
- Monitor project cost, progress and schedule reports and coordinate action plans to correct deviations from plan
- Provide input to weekly and monthly reports
- Manage client relationships for potential and existing projects and interface directly with sub-consultants, and vendors
What you need to bring:
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario is an asset
- Experience in the development, delivery and operation of mining or mineral processing projects
- At least 7 years of experience with an engineering consulting practice (including site work)
- Desire to interface with clients, determine needs, and prepare proposals for services in conjunction with engineering team members and the Commercial group.
- Desire to become part of a highly technical team providing ingenious and value-added solutions to our customers
- Ability to work closely with Senior Project Managers and Discipline leads to execute work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to think "out of the box" to provide our clients with innovative & value-added solutions.
- Willingness to travel when required
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sinead McLaughlin is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary