About this role:
We’re hiring a Director of Business Development for our client, a highly successful Life Sciences company, to join their team. This is a permanent opportunity.
- Focus on business development strategic objectives and achievement of business development goals in order to support continued growth within Canada amongst sites;
- Develop, review, and report on future business development strategies and resources necessary to ensure that corporate objectives are met;
- Maintain productive, profitable, and friendly business relationships and partnerships with the clinical research industry (sponsors, CROs, brokers, and alliance & members);
- Liaise with other internal primaries on the implementation of business development plans for the organization;
- Work with Regulatory Department on key performance indicators as it relates to feasibilities and awards of clinical trials;
- Use of Devana as CRM tool to manage all contacts from industry and study opportunities presented to the company;
- Develop sponsor and CRO target list for proactive promotion based on network’s strengths – use of Citeline, CTM or other marketed tools and resources used to identify trial opportunities;
- Network effectively to acquire new clients – new study opportunities and/or new site acquisitions and/or new physicians to join the faculty;
- Develop competitor and market analysis;
- Stay up to date with external and internal developments in the industry for identifying new market segments and industry trends;
- Create appropriate strategies to ensure competitive edge;
- Continuously receive feedback from business partners to improve Service Level Agreements (SLA);
- Ensure efficient and effective marketing, advertising, and promotional planning; including budgeting and expenditure forecasting;
- Identification of conference schedule and management of each conference communication plan and booking of face to face meetings to highlight company’s expertise;
- Establish face to face meetings with key leaders within the organization and industry executives – may be related to conferences or set up as individual meetings outside of conferences;
- Create and support marketing plan used to market to industry to establish the company’s growth and industry presence using various methods i.e., press releases, social media outreach, presentations at conferences and promoting to local, regional, national, and international constituents;
- Develop marketing materials, website strategy, and promotional pieces that are in line with company mission and vision direct to industry;
- Maintain and develop knowledge of services, guidelines, and regulations;
- Prepare for future trends via exploration of new trends such as virtual or hybrid trials;
- Accept special projects as needed i.e., contract review for new technology or business agreements with vendors to further elevate our presence within the industry and to assure ongoing pipeline of study opportunities;
- Act with accountability, integrity, and professionalism in all matters.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent
- Must have at least 4 years proven business development experience, preferably in the research industry;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) ;
- Attention to detail & thoroughness;
- Ability to multitask;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
About BrunelBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Maria Camanag is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
Do you want daily vacancies?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement