About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Branche: Biotechnology
- Area of expertise: Research & Development
- Location: Alberta
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Secondary School
- Closing date: Friday, August 19, 2022
About this role: Operations Manager
Our client, a leader in the vertical farming sector, is seeking an Operation Manager for its new US based controlled environment agriculture (CEA) facility. This vertical farm will be one of the largest CEA operations in North America. Located in Orange, New Jersey, and using leading edge internationally proven technology. Its aspirations are to influence the future of food production across the country while ensuring that its strategic sustainability objectives are maintained.
You will be working closely with and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer along with a fantastic team of highly scientific and technologically forward people. This is a great opportunity for career growth with a rapidly expanding organization. As this is a new facility, the successful candidate will be responsible for the establishment of a new business and a brand-new team.
- Build people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication.
- Manage the performance of direct reports through performance reviews, frequent discussions, and coaching.
- Lead the operations of the new facility to ensure the daily production, processing, and distribution of consistent quality leafy greens to meet customer demands.
- Lead and ensure the facility operates safely and in compliance with regulatory and corporate safety standards.
- Identify opportunities for continuous operational improvement and innovation and drive the implementation of those strategies.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to set strategic business objectives, targets, budgets, and action plans.
- Ensure the facility is in alignment with the organization’s sustainability objectives.
What you need to bring:
- 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Experience working in manufacturing preferably in food production, agriculture, pharmaceuticals, or other relevant sectors.
- Solid understanding of food regulators such as the FDA and DOA.
- An approachable leadership style that can work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong communication skills and confidence to make decisions under pressure and tight timelines.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to identify gaps and opportunities for continuous improvement in a growing business.
- A flexible and open-minded approach that can work with ambiguity at times.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ksenia Mosends is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary