About this role:
Experienced Planner/Scheduler needed for a major LNG project.
You'll need 10+ years of industry experience (and at least 5+ years in Project Services/Planning), a high degree of competency with Primavera and experience overseeing Environmental and Regulatory (E&R) interfaces.
Sounds like you? Get in touch today - this role is actively hiring.
In this role you will provide on oversight of planning, scheduling and progress measurement and verification for the integrated project, the pipeline and compressors, and for the Environmental and Regulatory (E&R) interfaces.
This position also serves as the Commissioning Planner, focusing on developing and updating commissioning and start-up planning deliverables.
What will you bring to the role?
- Your in-depth understanding of execution planning and associated scheduling with specific knowledge of commissioning and start-up activities (highly competence in Primavera)
- Extensive knowledge regarding E&R requirements and the impact to the critical path
- Attention to detail in the interactions between the execution plan and the interactions with E&R permitting
- Strong planning background with specific knowledge of commissioning and start-up activities during planning and execution
- Effective communication skills with the ability to produce polished reports and communication packages
- Relationship-building skills to bring efficiency and effectiveness to interations with the EPC Contractor, the SSHE&R group, and the Completions Group so that scheduling issues are resolved in a positive and collaborative manner.
Your focus will be on:
- Providing overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management expertise, identifying schedule issues then reporting & resolving them with the EPC Contractor and SSHE&R group, making the Project Team management aware of systemic issues. You'll be developing and monitoring and control of the schedule for the Pipeline and Compressor scope of work, identifying critical path items and highlighting any concerns related to meeting completion timing for these elements.
- Reviewing project changes to evaluate overall schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule stewardship and reporting.
- Monitoring and appraising the performance of the Contractors compared to agreed control plans in the areas of progress and schedule control.
- Reviewing Contractor’s project control procedures to ensure that all requirements are met, checking Contractors’ progress reports for accuracy of progress measurement.
- When necessary, reviewing and endorsing claimed progress reported by Contractor.
- Analyzing planned quantity metrics projections for all home office and site disciplines (e.g. Piping, Civil, Electrical, etc.).
- Supporting the Project Team with ongoing project schedule analysis, reporting, and forecasting activities. Gathering and recording Lessons Learned that relate to progress and schedule areas.
What you need to bring:
Your education and experience:
- 10+ years industry experience
- 5+ years in Project Services / Planning
BS in Engineering or Business related field (sufficient experience may substitute for degree)
- Knowledgeable of commissioning and start-up activities with minimum 5 years experience supporting mechanical completion, commissioning and start-up phase projects
- Proficient in Primavera and Microsoft Office suite of software programs
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Keith Jones is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel USA - Houston
Do you want daily vacancies?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement