About this job
- Market: Infrastructure
- Industry: Water & Waste Management
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: Oakville
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Secondary School
- Closing date: Monday, September 5, 2022
About this role: Logistics Specialist
Our client is searching for a Logistics Specialist to join their growing team. Our client is a French-based utility company which operates largely in the water and waste management sectors.
Contract end date: 7/31/2023
- Support the ITO (Inquiry to Order) activities to get major logistics quotes to optimize and create project logistics budget.
- Manage Logistics Budget from ITO to OTR (Order to Remittance), evaluate cost savings opportunities. Optimize projects logistics planning, projects logistics budgeting and cost allocation.
- Act as logistics Single Point of Contact for assigned North America (NA) projects.
- Develop and execute delivery strategy/plan for project shipments.
- Support Supply Chain Team in estimating TCO (total cost of ownership) when sourcing from multiple international vendors across business units.
- Establish transport mode requirements for Logistics Execution to meet project specific requirements (i.e., Break Bulk, Flat rack, Customized and Tailored Logistic solution, etc.)
- Support and coordinate all the Export/Import activities in case of multi-poles shipments (inbound or outbound) Create Commercial/Shipping documentation for global projects (i.e., Commercial Invoices, Ocean bill of lading instructions, NAFTA, EPA, Export Licenses, etc.)
- Effectively assess and communicate risks and opportunities associated with global sourcing strategy (oversize, tariff, duties, clearance delays, etc.)
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure planning and execution of logistics that supports on-time delivery (OTD) and lowest optimized cost. Ensure the shipment tracking.
What you need to bring:
- 5-7 years minimum experience in increasing roles in purchasing, strategic sourcing, or supply chain.
- Must have superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Above average analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of working in a team, prioritizing, multi-tasking, and organizing.
- Flexible and adaptable to ever-changing priorities.
- ERP experience required, preferably with SAP.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ksenia Mosends is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary