About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, August 20, 2022
About this role: Lead of Piping Engineering
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021)
- Provide Piping Engineering knowledge, design, quality assurance and expertise while managing the Piping team in accordance with project deliverables and execution schedule.
- Direct the preparation and stewardship of Piping Engineering scope of work in EPC contract, advise and recommend design procedures, processes, deliverables and alternative studies, as required, to optimise project cost and schedule.
- Interact with Engineering Team to complete multi-discipline engineering activities, ensuring alignment with the Head of Piping on project engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with company Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct and Company Project Management System
- Manage EPC Contractor's Piping Engineering activities including validation of personnel numbers, qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software; adherence with all project objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, procedures, execution plans and design verification processes.
- Assess and validate EPC Contractor capability in providing all contract documents, progress measurement and reporting, and recommends additional technical support to address gaps.
- Manage the technical attachments and scope descriptions for relevant contracts including the timely delivery of all purchase orders.
- Responsible for the Piping Engineering schedule and related milestones, provide data (narrative, charts, graphs, change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays) for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
- Develop, review and amend various policies and procedures to ensure that all Piping engineering references are up to date and relevant.
What you need to bring:
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc
- 12 years of experience at a senior Piping Engineering supervisory level with a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, onshore LNG facilities design, construction and operations. Experience with cryogenic piping systems design.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline or equivalent
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha