About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branche: Renewable Energy
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: United States
What is required?
- Hours per week: 50
- Education level: Professional Master
- Closing date: Thursday, July 7, 2022
About this role: General Manager - Government Relations
Brunel is currently seeking an innovative, driven and resilient General Manager of Government Relations for direct hire with our client.
Our client is investing billions in their renewable & green hydrogen business across the globe. They have significant interests in DRC, Kenya, Cameroon, Jordan, Namibia, and Ethiopia. The goal will be to leverage political and business understanding and relationships to create pathways that enable the development of the company’s green hydrogen business.
Responsibilities will be focused on situational awareness of political, economic, commercial, and business activity and trends in the targeted regions. The focus will not only be in the renewable energy sector, but also energy-intensive industries, environmental developments, and government policies and perspectives on energy sector activity.
The goal will be to build the company’s reputation in host countries, and in new jurisdictions, to create valuable and durable trusted partnerships.
In this role, you will coordinate and collaborate with the CEO, Presidents of Regional Hubs and the Director, External Relations to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior government and international institution leaders in the countries they work in. You will advise senior management and develop and help execute strategies to provide bottom line impact including activities like obtaining permits, state agreements, and other critical elements of the development pathway.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead all aspects of government relations across a multitude of opportunities covering:
- Co-ordinating the engagement between the company and host country governments at the highest level
- Develop strategy alongside Country Managers for the productive engagement with government leaders in host countries
- Lead the relationship between international institutions (eg World Bank Group)
- Identify and manage high level government risks
What you need to bring:
- 15+ years of experience working in the political and business environments of the U.S. as well as international governments, preferably Africa.
- Bachelor Degree required, Master’s or above preferred.
- Fluent in English, multi-lingual preferred
- Ability to develop relationships with government leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have experience World Bank, IFC, US DFC and IDB and accounting fundamentals including US GAAP practices.
- Must have international government relations experience
- Must have experience in project management for investments great than US $1B.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally approximately 75%
- Desired knowledge of the global renewable energy activity and policies around the world, but not required.
Our client offers a substantial compensation package as well as full benefits.
Our client is a world leader in the renewable energy space.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel USA - Detroit