About this role:
We’re hiring an Intermediate Full Stack Developer to join the development team for our client located in Calgary. This is a great opportunity for someone is passionate about development and keen in learning and diving into unfamiliar complex territory. Successful candidates will be self-starters who focus their efforts on business value, are aligned with leadership on direction and priorities, propose and drive improvements, and work in a fast-paced environment. This is a permanent position with a competitive compensation package.
- Work on a wide range of technologies, ranging from modern web applications, plugins for a component-based system, to mature IBM AS/400 systems
- Take ownership of applications; provide visibility and give suggestions while aligning with product owners on priorities
- Collaborate with others to design and implement features
- Assist the support team and handle escalated support issues to ensure excellent customer experience
- Seek to create efficient SQL queries on large, complex datasets
- Create new applications or plugins to interface with third party APIs
- Deploy web applications on Linux servers using command line tools
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of professional experience working with Java
- 4+ years working with Source code management using git
- Experience interfacing with third party APIs
- Intermediate SQL (familiarity with window functions and CTEs)
- An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit to drive change and enhancements.
Nice to Haves
- Industry experience in at least one of the following areas: Transportation, Accounting, ERP
- Linux command line and basic BASH scripting skills are a huge asset
- ExtJS web user interface or another single page UI toolkit
- RESTful web services
- Familiarity with Tomcat web applications
- Experience with IBM AS/400
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
Want new jobs sent to your inbox daily?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement