About this role:
Does it excite you to work in an international environment? If yes, then ascend your firefighter career with this rewarding job role located in Kuwait. It is a contract-based position for two years (extendable by one year) with a desirable relocation package.
You will lead a crew of well-experienced firefighters and responsible for efficient execution of emergency response procedures or any hazardous rescue operations within the client's plant's jurisdiction. You will assign, supervise, evaluate controls of all firefighting crew / equipment during actual / standby, fire / emergency situations, taking charge from Fire Officer.
You can experience a safe onboarding process as we will handle the entire mobilization process for you to get you on the job.
- In this job role, you ought to plan, supervise, and guide operations of fire section personnel/maintenance of firefighting vehicles and fire protection equipment/ equipment during actual/ standby, fire/ emergencies / daily work in areas under refinery control under the support of Chief Fire Officer;
- Employ your leadership skills to direct and examine the fire crew after the technical assessment of a fire, even under conditions of extreme personal hazard (rescue activities inside confined spaces), and hazardous maintenance activities;
- You must respond immediately to salvage, rescue or hazardous materials emergency calls and decide on the initial firefighting tactics plus seek consultation with Incident Command on overall plant emergency procedures;
- You need to conduct fire prevention and protection inspection tours under a controlled environment, moreover, identify required resources, their assignments, and safety considerations for successful control of the incident;
- Liaise with Operations, Engineering and Maintenance departments to provide fire/emergency services, safety personnel on standby basis or for necessary action to repair fire installations. You are available on-call to handle fire/rescue/oil spills & other menaces with the facility;
- Familiarize yourself with emergency management inter agency's planning and coordination;
- Your role calls for evaluating the skills, monitoring the on-the-job performance of Fire Section personnel and auxiliaries, they remain fully conversant with the procedures of fire attack pertinent to the facility received via external coaching and drills. Likewise, identify training needs of subordinate staff to improve competencies;
- It is primary and essential for you to orally communicate, fluently read, write, and understand English to prepare inspection/audit reports, letters, memos in word/spreadsheets, plans, safety hazard records in client's information and incident management systems;
- This position sets you to carry out regular physical exercises to maintain a high fitness level to withstand in an extreme environment.
What you need to bring:
- The Fire Officer position demands the aspirant to have at least five years of experience after certificate completion;
- It is a prerequisite to have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a CFO or Fire Chief for the Chief Fire Officer’s role;
- To qualify for this job role, you must meet the minimum physical fitness abilities as per NFPA 1582;
- You must have completed the necessary certifications such as IFSAC/ Pro-Boards Certification, (or Equivalent JOIFF certification), Fire Officer II, Fire Inspector II; Rope Rescue II, Confined Space Rescue II; Haz-Mat Responder – Technician; Hazmat Incident Command, plus a Driver/Operator - Pumper, Aerial, ARFF, Mobile Water Supply, Executive Fire Officer and appended those transcripts with your resume;
- This position calls for the successful candidate to have a working knowledge of Incident Command System (ICS), if possible, from an Oil & Gas background.
- You should have a record of accomplishments and leadership within the fire service;
- Possess integrity as a value with an aptitude of nurturing good working relations; building the trust of fellow firefighters and fulfilling commitments at all times;
- You have proven experience in directing projects to unify the operations of troupe members under emergency conditions or implemented any incident management systems or supervised scene safety;
- As a candidate, you are willing to offer training to local people in hazardous material management, prepare responsive contingency plans and salvage the fire attacks pertinent to the facility;
- You have the quality to encourage every colleague in a positive way to grow and create a productive workplace environment;
- You are comfortable working in a culturally diverse environment and respect cultural differences.
You can gain multinational/international exposure and work in a diverse environment accompanied by a well-paying salary of USD 7000/ KWD 2200 for the Fire Officer’s role and income of USD 9500/ KWD 3000 for a Chief Fire Officer’s position.
Our relocation package/privileges:
- We offer a commercial visa/work permit during the contract period in Kuwait;
- At every step, we give assistance and guidance on current COVID-19 medical clearance procedures to relocate to Kuwait;
- You can reap the benefits of a 100% tax-free salary and swiftly save money.
- Secure your private medical insurance at no cost with transparency on plan coverage;
Lessened cost with a better standard of living:
- Support food and service furnished accommodation with dining facility to make your stay comfortable during your job tenure;
- A dedicated travel desk to manage your travel entry and departure procedures to/from Kuwait (hassle-free relocation);
- Provide daily transport services to and fro from site to accommodation.
At Brunel, we understand your needs and the career progression you aim to achieve quickly. If we consider your resume, then our recruiter will contact you shortly for an online screening interview as we are seeking candidates for an immediate start. Though, we will wait for suitable applicants to serve notice if needed.
About Kuwait: A small emirate that has a beautiful cityscape, proclaimed as an oasis of peace and safety. A dry year-round city, remaining hot from April to September and cold springs toward November end up until March with temperatures dropping up to -6 degrees. While during summers, you can expect a subtropical desert climate. Regarding people and work culture, you shall witness a respectful, trustworthy and amicable environment. The government continues to invest in the city's infrastructure and in creating new oil refineries to gain large portions of oil revenues.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Wasim Hassan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Kuwait
Want new jobs sent to your inbox daily?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement