About this job
- Market: Infrastructure
- Branche: Building & Construction
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Canada
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, August 4, 2022
About this role: Expeditor
Expeditor - Permanent
Location: Remote / Travel / GTA
Travel: US and UAE (50% travel time)
Our client, a well-known Engineering company, is seeking an Expeditor on a permanent basis to work remotely in Canada with at least 50% travel time in Canada, US and the UAE.
The Expeditor, in close co-operation with the engineering team and other procurement teams, is essential for the delivery of project material/equipment in accordance with the schedule. The Expeditor ensures that all materials/equipment is released for delivery and handed over to logistics for delivery or delivered to the jobsite by the vendor in accordance with the provisions of the purchase order. The Expeditor possesses coordination skills with a familiarity of manufacturing processes and materials engineering and supply in the project and construction environment. Well-developed planning skills and strong interpersonal skills is required to ensure that potential problems are anticipated, slippage or delays in deliveries prevented and that corrective measures are implemented pro-actively to ensure that risks with regard to schedule and cost are mitigated effectively.
- Expedites all project equipment/materials in accordance with the expediting plan
- Ensure that the data for reporting is complete and accurate
- Coordination of information relating to packing lists and delivery documentation including any documentation required for export purposes
- Ensure all relevant release documentation is issued as per the Project Execution Plan (PEP)
- Interface with client and project members regarding expediting issues
- Coordination and communication with vendor and internal disciplines using iPas MP or other forms of reporting to maintain project schedules and prevent any delays
- Monitor vendor engineering and manufacturing schedules to ensure schedule is maintained and pro-actively manage any possible delays
- Coordinates with QC to ensure the scheduled inspections are performed timely and NCR’s when produced are handled efficiently to avoid any delays to the schedule
- Handover to logistics to facilitate delivery as per the purchase order pending on Incoterms conditions specified in the purchase order
What you need to bring:
- 10+ years of experience with large structural steel packages
- High degree of technical aptitude and familiarity with various materials, fabrication processes and supply items
- Ability to confirm that delivery dates of materials and supply items comply with all requirements
- Prior knowledge of preservation and packaging procedures to ensure that transported materials or items are free from damage and to ensure that materials or items to be shipped are marked, packaged and preserved in accordance with all requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 and ISO 19011
- Multi-discipline knowledge/awareness
- Know and comply with all regulations and legislative requirements
- Proven track record in a similar position
- Excellent understanding of project execution, especially materials management and scheduling.
- Relevant technical qualification or trade qualification
- Appropriate tertiary qualification will be highly regarded.
What We Offer:
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto