About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Branche: Pharmaceutical
- Area of expertise: Research & Development
- Location: Ontario
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, August 29, 2022
About this role: Director, Operational Excellence
We are currently looking for a Director, Operational Excellence for our client, a global pharmaceutical company that specializes in introducing innovative products and technologies in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals. With over 100 years of industry legacy, our client is a global leader in providing care solutions that are intuitive, reliable, and cost-effective for the customers.
Reporting directly to the DVP of Operations, the Director Operational Excellence will deliver sustainable improvements to manufacturing operations and engineering across the division. They will also drive the company’s LEAN, OPEX, TPM and OEE strategies and initiatives to improve efficiency, eliminate waste and enhance overall productivity in support of the division’s goals and objectives.
- Develop, lead, and facilitate the development and deployment of operations manufacturing and engineering continuous improvement initiatives in support of the division’s goals and objectives.
- Drive waste elimination, failure analysis, and root cause problem solving, focused on manufacturing and engineering excellence and sustainability.
- Manage training and mentoring programs to promote the integration and use of continuous improvement methodologies and tools (e.g., Lean, value stream mapping, visual management, six-sigma, Kaizen, etc.)
- Support the development and implementation of initiatives to deliver sustainable improvement to the value streams, manufacturing strategies, cross-functional processes and standardized, uniform policies and procedures.
- Act as a change agent by communicating changes and improvements to employees and promoting a continuous improvement culture. Drive the change management necessary to implement effective OPEX programs.
- Collaborate across Operations, R&D, Quality Assurance, Health and Safety, Finance and Human Resources to promote awareness of OpEx processes, tools, methodologies, etc.
- Other responsibilities as may be required.
What you need to bring:
- Undergraduate University Degree (4-year program) or equivalent experience (Engineering, Business, or a related discipline).
- 10 plus years of progressive, related work experience in a Manufacturing Operations and/or Manufacturing Engineering leadership role.
- Experience building organizational capability to drive root cause problem solving, efficiency, waste elimination, engineering excellence etc.
- Experience implementing and leading LEAN, TPM, and OEE methodologies in a high technology automated manufacturing or similar environment.
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- MBA or master’s degree preferred.
- Project Management Profession (PMP) is an asset.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for an FDA regulated environment is a strong asset.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michael Leung is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto