About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Branche: Medical devices
- Area of expertise: Research & Development
- Location: United States
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, August 18, 2022
About this role: Director Digital Health
United States - Remote
We’re hiring a Director of Medical Affairs for our client, an international medical devices company. The Digital Health Director is responsible for proving leadership, direction, and planning for all aspects of the business value creation through new data products and services. This role will build, develop and lead data driven Digital Health and Innovation vision and agenda across the company as well as coordinate the efforts by which this agenda will be operationalized to contribute to the company commercial success. The Digital Health Director will connect and represent the data driven new product strategy with overall business strategy and drive global and regional efforts to accelerate innovation. This includes providing strategic leadership and creating a strong presence collaborating with the commercial and engineering teams.
- Develop deep market insights to inform digital health roadmap and strategy.
- Establish a compelling vision for how digital health will enhance respiratory therapy effectiveness, patient adherence and engagement, and efficient data sharing with healthcare system and payers to capitalize on this digital disruption in the market.
- Identify oxygen and respiratory therapy related data-driven product and service opportunities in the marketplace leading to better outcomes and revenue expansion.
- Align and guide the digital health product roadmap to align with market trends and opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Portfolio team to build business cases to develop/acquire new digital health tools.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to build products and establish new business models to improve outcomes for people with respiratory disease.
- Identify external partnerships and collaborations and establish strategic opportunities to expand and accelerate digital collaborations with academia, venture capital, incubators, start-ups, health systems/medical centers, and consumer/commercial technology partners.
- Guide product development teams to pursue new business opportunities.
- Shape new product development capabilities for data, analytics, and insights including partner relationships, tools, and data science.
- Influence the direction and effectiveness of global large-scale new product implementations, platforms, and the creation of an industry leading ecosystem.
- Build a culture of partnership, collaboration, and accountability with the Marketing organization; influence go to market strategy and commercial launch planning.
- Partner with Regulatory Affairs and Legal to ensure compliance of Digital Health activities and products with regards to privacy, security and other applicable standards and regulations.
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs and Market Access to ensure clear clinical and HEOR value definition and empirical data support for Digital Health products.
- Propose and manage budgets for Digital Health product development and maintenance.
- Drive rigor and continuous improvement in data products.
- Ensure projects meet all necessary requirements including appropriate NPV, satisfy all other pertinent measures of quality, and are delivered within the budget and schedule.
- Evaluate and deploy new technologies as appropriate.
- Drive accountability, consistency, quality, functional excellence, standardization, and discipline across digital and data products portfolio.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Assist with any other duties as assigned
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, required; MBA/MA/MS, preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the digital health industry, solution strategy and/or, digital product management/development, required.
- 5+ years in a Director or Senior Manager role leading data product teams, particularly those leveraging AI and modern data approaches for personalization, required.
- 3+ years of experience building human-centered digital and behavioral health tools that improve outcomes and create value, required.
- Ability to travel 20-30%.
- Excellent English (written, oral) mandatory; fluency in multiple languages preferred.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office and online databases, required.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in digital health, mobility, and data and analytics, required.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Drive Organizational Success: Sets and pursues aggressive goals, demonstrating strong commitment to organizational success.
- Lead boldly: takes decisive action and leads through difficult initiatives, championing new ideas and initiatives.
- Entrepreneurial and engaging.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multi task.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills required, with ability to lead cross-functional teams and build consensus.
- Demonstrated track record of building new teams and functions.
- Excellent cross-functional leadership experience in highly matrixed setting.
- Preferably an established network of key thought leaders and physicians involved in respiratory health, in the US and Globally.
- Proven business acumen with general management perspective.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Anything Else?About UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chris Kapusta is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary