About this role:
Our client is seeking a Data Technician for a Full-Time, contract opportunity. This position is a twelve month contract opportunity with the potential for extension or conversion to a permanent staff position. This position will be 50 / 50 WFH and at the office.
The Data Technician maintains documents and data accuracy within the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool. This role is responsible for sourcing data from diverse stakeholders and recording it in the system.
- Validates data sources, transformations, and analysis against reference data to ensure quality, accuracy, and completeness of derived reports.
- Completes data discovery and mapping of shipyard enterprise applications.
- Maintains data accuracy and integrity within PLM toolsets working with the responsible person to import and manipulate data. Identifies potential issues and flags process inconsistency.
- Enters meta data updates in the system and creates new documentation.
- Issues manufacturing information an Enterprise Change Notifications.
- Enters comments in the system and follows up on their completion.
- Processes documentation transmittal to respective customers.
- Liaises with production departments, resolves issues and coordinates Problem Reports approval process.
- Supports training for external and internal users on PLM tools. Addresses system user questions related to PLM toolsets.
- Performs additional duties as required.
What you need to bring:
- Diploma, Degree, or Certification in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience (Manufacturing industry preferred) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with large data sets (Aras preferred).
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management tools (Aras preferred).
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal.
- Ability to process detailed information consistently.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Interpersonal skills including problem solving.
- Customer service and organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary