About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Operations & Maintenance
- Location: NW Arctic Borough
What is required?
- Hours per week: 70
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Sunday, October 2, 2022
About this role: Construction Supervisor
Brunel is currently searching for multiple Construction Supervisors for a year-long, rotational project located in the North West Arctic of Alaska. As a Brunel Contractor you will work on a two-week on, two-week off rotation starting Q4 22 through Q3 23 and will be responsible for supervising the construction of a 12-mile access road connecting a mine site to an exploration site. This road will include bridges and culvert crossings, development of material sources, and multiple drainages and pads.
We are seeking a strong leader who will be responsible for supporting activities required to move major capital projects through execution. Focus will be to support delivery of the construction scope to meet the project goals according to plan and providing oversight of contractor scope and activities. You will collaborate with members of the project, functional and operational leadership teams in reviewing and monitoring quality management plans, HSEC plans, estimates, budgets, schedules, procurement plans, contracting plans and contracts, and provide specific expertise in construction strategy and site management.
What you need to bring:
- **MANDATORY proof of Covid 19 vaccine REQUIRED!
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering preferred
- Previous successful completion in construction of a major brownfield and greenfield project for the resources industry
- Strong communications, interpersonal, organization and presentation skills
- Hands-on leader with a respectful, positive, solution focused attitude
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Strong critical thinking and decision making abilities
- Strong leader, driving business results, results focused
- Planning and prioritizing skills
- Winter and ice-road construction experience would be a huge plus
As a Brunel contractor you will be eligible for full benefits on your first day of employment. This position will be on a 2-week on, 2-week off rotation. Ideal schedule will be 16 days on at 12 hours a
day and off for 12 days. You will be provided with furnished accommodations while at site including all meals. Travel to and from site during your rotation is 100% covered along with paid per diem for travel days only.
Our client operates one of largest zinc mines in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel USA - Detroit