About this role
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the Quality Management process and possess the ability
to communicate and implement these concepts effectively throughout the organization.
- Day to Day Management of Organization’s Quality Management System interfacing with all
functional groups. Ensuring compliance with Corporate and ISO9001 standards.
- Responsible for preparation, execution and obtaining re-certifications pertaining to all ISO9001
and Corporate Quality Audits.
- Responsible for Management of Internal Auditing program including documentation, scheduling
and training of personnel.
- Responsible for Managing the organizations quality surveillance processes from identification
- Responsible for reviewing/containing/investigating and resolving customer related complaints.
Must work with the customers to understand reported issues and effectively communicate
them back to the organization and implement resolutions to prevent repeated problems.
- Main point of contact responsible for managing the organizations warranty tracking program,
including tracking warranties, review of warranty claims for validity and managing resolution to
the claim (materials, personnel, scheduling). Track and capture associated warranty costs and
continue to develop the value of warranty concept.
- Engage customers with the Quality Department in non-issue related dialogue/exchange to solicit
feedback on the organizations performance. Visits, calls, surveys, develop a concept of opening
an alternate line of communication between customer and the organization.
- Responsible for processing, tracking and publishing monthly updates pertaining to
organizational output and Key-Performance-Indicators (KPIs) as identified by Executive
Management. This may include associated document creation for customer use.
- Lead/Support strategic Quality and related initiatives (Corporate and Local in nature).
- Authorizing/creating, executing and completing applicable customer designated requirements
for First Article Inspections, PPAP submission including the development and maintenance of
Process Flow Charts, PFMEA and Control Plans.
- Responsible for maintaining current, valid documentation across the organization to meet ISO
and Corporate requirements (process descriptions, forms, process maps, customer related
documentation, training records, etc.)
- Responsible for the Management of incoming material inspection program, identification and
documentation of issues and coordinating the response with the necessary teams for a quick
- Work with Supply Chain to further promote the development of the Supplier Fitness program,
including on site Supplier audits/spot checks, potential supplier vetting processes and
inspections. Strive for a seamless input of quality, defect-free, ready to use materials from all
- Continuously review the processes in place across the organization to identify opportunities for
improvement, process alternatives and/or upgrades to efficiency, thru-put or employee
utilization. Bring outside quality/procedural concepts into the organization that have not yet
- Manage the organizations calibrated equipment program, include scheduling recertification
inspections, routine maintenance and replacement when necessary.
- Bring the mindset of “Cradle to Grave” to organizational issues. Problem identification,
investigations, root cause, proposed solutions, implemented solutions and validated solutions.
- Inform GRC Coordinator/GRC Owner aware of any risk greater than K Euro.
- Recording, which include management review minutes, inspection reports, audit reports, and
calibration data, etc.
- Identifying quality trends as they pertain to customer concerns, rework, scrap, in-spec at final,
and on-time delivery.
- Work with other departments to create standard work processes.
- Responsible for the facilitation of the Occupational Health & Safety Program.
- Facilitate the scheduled Health & Safety Committee meetings
- MUST be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer nor or in the future without sponsorship.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or quality related field and/ or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years working experience within the Quality Department of manufacturing orassembly environment.
- Working Knowledge and implementation of ISO9001/ISO14001 standards in the Productionenvironment.
- Working Knowledge/experience with implementing Quality Management Systems methodology inProduction environment. Including Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen, Continuous Improvement, various
investigative methods (8-D/5 Why) familiar with and knowledge of how to use tools including calipers, gauges, etc.
- Must have experience with leading quality audit preparation processes/procedures and recertification successes.
- Must possess strong communication skills (written/verbal)
- Must be able to address and reach various audiences with message and be effective with implementing change.
- Must have strong documentation capabilities (meetings notes, process maps, processes & procedures, reports, presentation skills.)
- Strong Leadership presence/Good interpersonal skills a must.
- Excellent Skills with Microsoft Outlook Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Adobe PDF.
- Experience working with Enterprise software for data collection, tracking, processing, etc. (i.e. SAP,Sage, Navision, etc.)
- Must have knowledge of OSHA & MIOSHA
- Must be motivated, self-starter capable of functioning successfully in both independent and teamengaged environments.
- Must be a Team Player
- Possess good conflict resolution skills
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized
- Data analysis and statistical aptitude
- Critical thinker and good problem solving skills.
- Experience in lean manufacturing principles
- Positive disposition
- Experience with working in global organizations a plus.
- Experience in the Robot, Automation or Vision industry a plus.
What we offer
Offering competitive wages, benefits and 401K matching.
About usOur client is a leading global supplier in the Factory Automation Industry.
- Publication: PUB269198
- Location: Lake Orion
- Market: Industry
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Automotive
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Closing date: Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Quality Manager - Michigan
Confirmation sent to