About this role:
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Associated Scientist to support the in vivo and in vitro work to identify lead molecules in a high-priority project.
This position requires in vivo experience (FELASA B) and expertise in immunoassays (ELISA, MSD and/or Luminex). He/she should have extensive experience with mammalian cell culture. The Associate Scientist will be responsible for the independent execution and analysis of results.
- Hands-on in vivo experience
- Biochemical analysis on Tissue/Plasma/Serum/SN/cells using Western blotting, ELISA/MSD/Luminex, Cell death (Incucyte)
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture work
- Knowledge of molecular techniques (transfection, transduction, immunoprecipitation) is a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Manage multiple experiments
- Collaborate with scientists in multiple disciplines
What you need to bring:
- A bachelor degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical Sciences, Laboratory Sciences, Veterinary Assistant or related disciplines
- FELASE B certificate: Laboratory animal science
- Proven experience with hands-on in vivo techniques: mouse handling, oral gavage dosing, intraperitoneal injection
- Experience with cellular and molecular biology techniques to analyze immune cells such as: immune cell isolation, primary immune cell and cell line culture, in vitro stimulation and cellular assays is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, experimental documentation, and a proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, highly matrixed, interactive environment is essential.
- Strong communication and reporting skills
Our network and expertise make it possible for us to advance your career. Brunel has a reputation of working with some of the best in the business. That's what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we've created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Elke Binst is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Belgium Mechelen