About this role:
Are you a highly motivated self-starter and team player?
Do you have a track record of working successfully with multiple people from all fields of expertise in a high-paced JV financial environment?
Have you successfully set-up ERP systems in new environments?
If you answered "yes" then we want to hear from you today.
We're seeking candidates for a Senior Accountant role based in Brooklyn, New York.
In this role you'll be overseeing day-to-day finance implementation work, financial month-end and quarter-end reporting, and analyses on spend vs budget.
You'll bring a deep understanding of finance and tax matters and a high degree of competence with budgets for large industrial projects through their life-cycle.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Controlling actual and committed costs logged into the ERP accounting system (WBS allocation, amount and phasing vs. budget), updating the budget forecast, and generating various forecast needs and cash calls
- Controlling / contributing to entries into ERP accounting system for Purchase Orders, Good Receipts and Invoice Payment for major contracts
- Provides regular Board of Director materials on financial topics for the Finance Director
- Support to the Finance Director in communication with both parent organization’ controllers (e.g. on the month-end results)
You'll ensure record keeping and documentation management processes are implemented pursuant to JV policy and other requirements. You'll also support the Finance Director with ITC (tax) related analyses.
What you need to bring:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business is required;
- And Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or Chartered Accountant licensure
- 5+ years of relevant Finance work experience, either within wind and/or offshore industry on high profile projects, or from CPA/audit public practice from a firm of Certified Public Accountants
Highly desirable attributes:
- Experience with Tax (including ITC/PTC)
- Any experience with offshore wind projects
This is an actively recruiting role for an immediate start.
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a 401k. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are ideally placed to help you get the contract that best suits you. With Brunel you will gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Keith Jones is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel USA - Houston
Do you want daily vacancies?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement