About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Renewable Energy
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Gisborne
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Sunday, February 12, 2023
About this role: Wind Developers and Engineers - All Levels
Project Development Manager – Wind
- Work with a leading Wind Farm Developer
- Be based around Melbourne
- Work on some of the largest wind farms in Australia
Our client is a Renewable Energy Project Developer with their headquarters located in Victoria. They are very passionate about the environment and the communities in which they operate and are keen to be at the forefront of electricity transformation from fossil fuels to renewable energy generation. They are on a mission to drive the change towards a sustainable energy future, with a strong commitment to sharing project benefits with the local community.
As our client looks to grow their team in 2023, they have engaged us to look for a Project Development Manager with Wind Energy experience to be a part of their team. You will focus on project development, contracting strategies, project cost, project management, project schedule, value engineering, risk management and optimization, and stakeholder engagement You will also work closely with their commercial counterpart to structure agreements, ensure the accuracy of economic analysis and support recommendations for bid / development / FID approvals.
Reporting to the Head of Development, you will be:
- Responsible for the development of bids to successful award, project development to Financial Investment Decision and project execution to Commercial Operation of their o wind projects, with a focus on project development, contracting strategies, project cost, project management, project schedule, value engineering, risk management and optimization, stakeholder engagement.
- Working closely with the lead Project Partner to structure agreements, ensure the accuracy of economic analysis and support recommendations for bid and development.
- Overseeing partner development of and ultimately being responsible for the successful planning and development for specific projects and the successful implementation of those plans by partners.
- Working directly on project teams as required and fulfil the specified team role which may include managing a team / or reporting to the Project Director / Managing Director.
- Overseeing day-to-day issues that arise on projects drawing on support from the company as required to take decisions, within authority limits, as situation/issue arise.
- Ensuring that the commercial and technical teams are kept up to date and engaged on key issues and provide full transparency on all project related matters.
- Responsible for the development of recommendations to senior management and shareholders with respect to project specific issues exceeding authorities.
- Liaising with the team and providing reports to shareholders in respect of project progress.
- Ensuring that development and construction risks are identified and appropriately managed with a risk register maintained and regular risk reviews are held.
What you need to bring:
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- An Engineering and/or finance degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in Project Development
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management experience
- Experienced in wind bid development and execution
- Demonstrable direct experience of working in wind project teams
- Experienced in the development, construction and operations of wind projects
- Strong technical and commercial understanding of wind projects and technology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relations skill
On offer is a chance to work with a high performing team which comprises of people who are passionate about their renewable energy projects. To attract, retain and develop great people, we provide genuine flexibility, a culture that supports people to be their best and be themselves, and great opportunities for career development.
Brunel is a powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 100+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Life sciences, Renewable Energy, Oil and Gas, Infrastructure, Future Mobility and Mining. Proudly the number one specialist recruiter in Renewable Energy worldwide leaning on our global team of experts to attract the best talent. Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gareth Clarke is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane