About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Western Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, April 9, 2023
About this role: Testing Lead - Battery Electric Locomotives
Brunel is sourcing an industry professional with experience in energy or railway operations to join a leading iron ore producer on their journey to reduce carbon emissions by 50% by 2030. As the Testing Lead for the study of battery powered electric locomotives, you will be responsible for delivering the proof-of-concept trial objectives to de-risk and inform our client’s rail decarbonization strategy.
- Develop and assure quality of the battery electric locomotive proof-of-concept test plan
- Supervise testing activities to meet the required safety, budget, and schedule objectives
- Complete risk assessments and HAZOPs for the testing program
- Monitor and report on the progress of trial objectives
- Contribute to the project close-out and lessons learned activities
- Contribute to the preparation of budgets and identification of cost saving initiatives
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and external vendors to minimise business interruption
What you need to bring:
- In depth knowledge of railway operations or supply chain operations
- Experience delivering testing activities and proficiency in testing controls & principals including the documentation of results
- Leadership experience delivering projects in brownfields and operational environments
- Highly developed stakeholder engagement skills
- Technical experience in locomotive traction systems, charging infrastructure, safety-critical systems, and control systems is beneficial
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering are beneficial
- $95 – 115 per hour + super (depending on experience)
- FIFO 5:2:4:3 ex-Perth OR residential Dampier/Karratha
- Initial 12-month contract with potential to extend into delivery phase.
- Brunel Benefits - salary packaging, flexible payroll options, discounted gym & health membership,
- discounted retail offers, corporate travel benefits, plus more
Anything Else?Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Danielle Collins is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth