About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Zuid Holland
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, March 30, 2023
About this role: Telecommunication Engineer
Are you Looking for your next career opportunity? Do you have 8 + years experience in Telecommunication design in the (Offshore) Oil & Gas industry? Do you have a degree in a relevant field?
If yes, This could be the role for you! Our client, a High-Profile Global Organisation within the Energy Sector, has an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Telecommunication Engineer to work within one of their Project Teams.
Start date: ASAP
Contract length: 13 months
Location: You will be based in Schiedam, Netherlands with the occasional trip to China.
What you Will be Doing:
- Able to develop a project specific system design with all associated documentation;
- Act as package engineer for Telecom packages;
- Continuously consider cost, constructability, operability and maintainability;
- Lead the Telecom team and manage the flow of information to the (remote) team(s) and / or Telecom Integrator to enable them to prepare Layouts, Cable Block diagrams, Termination diagrams, Loop diagrams, Cable list, Junction box list and Bulk MTOs;
- Review vendor data and ensure sub-systems are properly integrated and/or interfaced;
- Ensure that interfaces with other disciplines are consistent and aligned;
- Review documents prepared by sub-contractors to ensure quality and consistency.
What you need to bring:
You are Right for This Role if:
- University or Technical College (BSc degree);
- 8 + years’ experience in Telecommunication systems design in the (Offshore) Oil & Gas industry;
- Experience with package interfaces;
- Experience with managing remote teams;
- Experience with Telecommunication systems for Marine applications;
- Competent with Telecom design in hazardous areas (e.g. IECEx001);
- Able to act as focal point regarding telecom matter.
This contract offers a competitive rate.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester