About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Operations & Maintenance
- Location: Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 84
- Education level: Vocational School
- Closing date: Thursday, April 6, 2023
About this role: Technical Mechanical Specialist - Light Fleet
Brunel Papua New Guinea is presently recruiting for an experienced Technical Mechanical Specialist – Light Fleet with background in mining maintenance.
Responsible for maintenance and repairs on:
- Preventative, scheduled and breakdown maintenance on LV's & MV’s
- Light Vehicles i.e. Toyota Land Cruiser & Hilux
- Medium Vehicle i.e. Hino Trucks/ Coaster Buses
- Tri axle trailers
- Coordinate job schedules and daily labour allocation
- Assist colleagues with technical knowledge and ensure high standard of workmanship is maintained
What you need to bring:
- Technical Diploma or Trades Certificate in Mechanical – Light Medium Vehicles
- 10 years relevant work experience essential in Light Medium Vehicles/ Buses and Tri Axle Trailers in heavy industry, preferably minerals processing
- Ability to lead team and train workforce
- Highly driven and motivated to produce good results
- Excellent attitude towards safety
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Proven experience in a similar role
This is a FIFO role based at a gold mine in PNG. Position has a 6-month contract opportunity (extension highly likely) with FIFO benefits and offering attractive day rates! Roster set as 22 days on/20 days.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider
which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Papua New Guinea.
We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical,
professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with
industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract or permanent.
in Papua New Guinea since 2008, Brunel has their major bases in Brisbane and
Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly
global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Wilfred Kochannek is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane