About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Industry: Medical devices
- Area of expertise: Research & Development
- Location: Chicago
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, March 20, 2023
About this role: Technical Leader
The technical leader oversees and guides technical efforts across multiple programs. This position requires a motivated, results-driven engineer with expertise in development and the ability to guide cross-functional teams to accomplish objectives.• Coordinate & lead technical design team within
one or more programs while working in a multi-disciplinary, multi-site
environment• Understand priorities to develop and communicate action plans internally and externally• Assist in defining the planning and resources required to achieve the success
of the technical design activities of programs• Identify potential problems early and suggest options based upon cost, time and
• Design, build and test prototypes to characterize performance• Solve complex technical problems within the bounds of timing and cost constraints• Work with injection molding tooling experts to successfully implement DFM and
DFA into detailed designs ready for high-volume manufacturing• Guide and mentor junior engineers
What you need to bring:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering• 15+ years of product development experience• Experience with managing all technical aspects of device development• Experience with high volume production, injection molding and automation
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills• Ability to network across the organization to support activities across multiple sites• Proficient with 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred)• Familiar with the basics of electronics and software
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Max Schumacher is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel USA - Minneapolis