Superintendent Maintenance Precision/Assurance
Vacancy number • PUB406436
Superintendent Maintenance Precision\Assurance
Saskatchewan, Canada (Site based)
Precision maintenance involves integrating a defect elimination system into maintenance approaches and activities. This supports preventive maintenance and equipment protection for a more efficient and cost-effective maintenance system, leading to continuous operation and increased production. The Superintendent Maintenance Precision-Assurance role oversees contracted work, ensuring proper maintenance of the plant, equipment, and processes. About 60% of the time is spent in the field managing contractor supervision teams, scheduling tasks, and ensuring risk assurance activities are met. The remaining 40% is dedicated to working in SAP, ensuring compliance with proper execution of Work Management tasks, safety requirements, and identifying continuous improvement opportunities. This role plays a crucial part in assurance and improvement efforts.
About this role
- Drives business improvement through the measurement of company performance
- Review’s maintenance work orders and activities to maximize efficient production
- Carries out post execution tasks and eliminates defects to facilitate reliable and efficient maintenance operations
- Ensures the contractors have a QA / QC (Quality Assurance / Quality Control) process in place for complex or critical jobs identified by the contracted Maintenance Execution teams.
- Verifies that a list of jobs are reviewed by contracted Maintenance Execution teams to identify work requiring QA/QC (before the Scope Freeze)
- Ensures contractors develop Standard Maintenance Procedures for overhaul of each equipment type that includes a minimum: Sequence of dismantling & assembling the unit, Cross sectional drawings, Spare Parts, Hole/Shaft tolerance and fits
- Verifies contractors have a process for components of critical equipment sent off site to a vendor for repair / overhaul. A detailed SoW will be provided by the relevant contracted Maintenance Execution Team, which details critical aspects of the overhaul and acceptable limits relating to tolerances, alignments, etc.
- Material Risk ownership – Support by being Risk and\or Control owner.
- Creates and submits Fixed Asset annual reports to Mine Inspector.
- Reviews and updates various Maintenance Standards annually.
- Defines shutdown objectives, scope and schedules, mobiles shutdown resources, and executes shutdown activities to safeguard production and maintain the safety of maintenance operations
- Translates corporate objectives into actionable plans, communicating, managing, and analyzing the implementation of those plans, and reporting back on their progress to facilitate the delivery of strategy
- Identifies and assesses risks, makes risk informed decisions, and builds a risk aware culture with the contractors to support safe and productive performance outcomes
- Supports the management of vendor/customer selection, contracts, and performance to maximize operational and financial outcomes and mitigate exposure to risk
- Participates in Investigation Process (ICAM’s)
- Monitor’s vendor performance for all maintenance-related vendors
- Accountable for ensuring the work in the field (surface and mining) is completed correctly to the proper level of quality and as per design
- Communicates, encourages and supports contractors in using EMS (Event Management system)
- Ensures the work is closed correctly in the system and includes all relevant documentation and any follow up requirements/improvements for future planning and scheduling
- Assists with the field planning, scheduling, and coordinating in the field of all major site shutdowns (example – electrical outages, or major break in work)
- Ensures they are adhering to and exhibiting core values
- Through the management of the contractor teams identify opportunities for improvements (master data, work instructions, measurement documents, resource schedule loading, planning and scheduling practices)
- Ensure work execution teams have quality shift change handover notes process in place and is being utilized as expected.
- Communicates supports, encourages and audits the contractor teams on participation in the OS initiatives.
- Creates expectations and holds Contractors accountable to weekly, monthly and quarterly work management metric results.
- Chairs the contractors weekly, monthly and quarterly work management metric meetings.
What you need to bring:
- A recognized technical or maintenance qualification or equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in mining, contractor management or related industry
- Strong understanding of quality management processes and systems, ISO standards and auditing processes related to major project delivery or program management
- Working knowledge of engineering, contracts & procurement, construction, commissioning, project controls, health & safety, environment & community and risk multi-discipline workflows and interactions for large capital projects.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP\Fiori and MS Office
- Well versed in global systems and processes (ARIS, FLEX, EMS, GRC, Work Management)
- High attention to detail, motivation, and commitment to quality outcomes.
- Ability to operate effectively and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment utilizing agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders including functional managers and discipline leads on the project, clients, outside vendors and contractors
- Demonstrated strong troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills including root cause analysis training
- Demonstrated leadership/ management experience
- Ability to effectively work with and lead the larger team to drive continuous improvement on the project
- Ability to foster an inclusive environment for their team while grounding to the core values
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406436