About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Greater London
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, March 6, 2023
About this role: SPS Subsea Software Lead
SPS Subsea Software Lead required for our client, a major O&G Operator, to join the SPS Package Team on their new CAPEX project in the Black Sea.
Active contribution to Project Engineering & Delivery excellence through:
- Accountable for the quality of engineering activities for the Subsea Software within the Subsea Controls System Package and integration with Topside DCS.
- Achieving project package delivery completion to the project specifications on schedule and within budget for SPS Topside Controls Systems. (Topside mounted Controls Units)
- Providing engineering and delivery expertise for Subsea Controls Software and integration within related Hardware Systems (MCS, Power/Comms Units, SEM and 3rd Party Devices).
- Executing assigned scopes of work.
- Participate in project workshops such as HAZIDs, HAZOPS, Risk workshops, etc.
- Providing sound technical advice and solutions to diverse technical problems that may arise within the Subsea Controls Software within the SPS and overall Offshore scope.
- Engaging with project HSSE and Quality teams
- Expediting Package TQ’s and Contractor generated MOCs in collaboration with the other Package Leads within the SPS and Topside Delivery lines.
- Co-ordinating with other disciplines during all stages of design development.
- Actively management of package interfaces within in the interface management process.
- Supporting other team members with capability development roles.
The SPS Subsea Software Lead is Responsible for:
- Supporting ongoing contracting process to ensure technical alignment between the Contractor and Company for the SPCS Software package within the GSA2 job specification.
- Ensuring that all engineering deliverables associated with the Subsea Controls Software meet the project specifications and objectives.
- Actively engaging with project engineering activities and where technical challenges require resolution.
- Ensuring engineering execution of the Subsea Controls Software/Configuration including:-o Review of all Contractor generated Package Deliverables.o Monitor Contractor’s Engineering and Delivery progress.o Monitor Contractors Engineering and Delivery team make-up to ensure adequacy of resourcing (quantity and competency).
- Ensuring Safety in Design is incorporated into the Contractors Engineering deliverables.
- Ensuring that Constructability/Installability is incorporated into the Contractors Engineering deliverables.
- Providing continued support during the installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning stages of the project
- Support all manufacturing and test activities at Contractors Fabrication sites as required.
- Participate in audits as required.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Demonstrable engineering expertise with Deepwater Subsea Controls Software for FEED, Detail Design, Fabrication, Testing, Installation, Commissioning, Start-up and Operations whereapplicable.
- Expert knowledge of applicable SPS international codes and standards OIGP & API17A to S.
- Expert knowledge of design deliverables associated with Subsea Controls Software.
- Active participation with and coordination of Management of Change (MOC) and Technical Query processes run by Contractors.
- Actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, initiatives and industry technology developments
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of the technologies, techniques, design and installation requirements
- Contributing to project workshops
- Provide planning, CTR and schedule data as required.
- Providing engineering expertise for Subsea Controls Software within the Project.
- Provide guidance and develop the capability of subsea engineers and team members.
What you need to bring:
- BEng/BSc or equivalent, Chartered Engineer or recognized equivalent experience.
- 15 years O&G experience, 10 years delivery experience with Subsea Controls Software Leads.
- Self-motivated and able to clearly communicate with Contractors and Project Management Team at all levels.
- Good presentation and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the team Values through leadership and setting the example for:o Trust and opennesso One team approacho Respect & professionalism
o Commitment and accountabilityo Courageo Integrityo Safety
o Communication with stakeholders
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Matthew Duane is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester