About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Renewable Energy
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Western Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Wednesday, February 8, 2023
About this role: Specialist - Substation and BESS
Now this is a cracker…
Sporting an enviable brand this role requires the BEST of the BESS!
This a brand-new role for a global flagbearer. Sitting amongst a dedicated team delivering large renewable energy solutions across major jurisdictions your focus will be the development and implementation of engineering scope packages for Substations and Battery Energy Storage Systems.
Moving at pace with the winning team you will give your career the stage and spotlight it deserves and sleep soundly at night knowing you have helped the world progress.
What you need to bring:
Your day includes:
- Review of design documentation for compliance with standards and codes of practice.
- Management of quality assurance for assigned scope of work.
- Conducting meetings with vendors and subcontractors.
- Recording design decisions and rationale.
- Liaising with consultants and designers to ensure deliverables meet project requirements.
- Reporting on manufacturing, construction, and commissioning progress.
- Reviewing or managing the review of interfaces between equipment from different vendors
- Provide technical guidance to the vendor’s commissioning team on the commissioning requirements for connecting equipment to the end user’s network.
- Manage the interchange of data between modelling consultants and the system vendors.
- Collation and indexing of technical reports and master data reports from vendors and consultants.
- Coordinate FAT and SAT with vendor and related internal stakeholders and consultants.
- Coordinate handover of commissioned BESS systems with utilities.
- Coordinate operational readiness activities associated with BESS integration.
A few wants:
- Relevant tertiary education in engineering, ideally with an electrical or control system specialty
- Ability to proactively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Performance Management skills to set realistic plans, managing change, and forecasting / reporting most-likely outcomes
- Ability to find new ways to innovate to improve results, and sustain a positive working environment for all
- Project engineering, in particular safety in design
- Construction or commissioning experience
- Understanding product group needs to make appropriate engineering decisions
- Power generation or transmission systems
This is a superb opportunity with a fantastic employer. One not to miss.An attractive salary is on offer.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Brunel is a powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 100+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Life sciences, Renewable Energy, Oil and Gas, Infrastructure, Future Mobility and Mining.
Proudly the number one specialist recruiter in Renewable Energy worldwide leaning on our global team of experts to attract the best talent.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Nikki Downes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Projects Australia Perth