About this job
- Market: Industry
- Industry: High Tech
- Area of expertise: Embedded Software
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, March 9, 2023
About this role: Software Engineer
Seeking a Software/Fullstack Engineer to join a leading Mining Group, in their leading Engineering team, which is based in the Perth CBD. This is a 6 month contract, with the option extend.
- Working with hardware sensors, servers and software running on humongous mining machinery that is kilometres long with robotic arms that crush things.
- You will want to build new, game-changing products and services that are easily scalable across a global business. As an innovation group, leveraging platforms like AWS and applying modern software practices.
- As an incubator for innovation, we are design-led, with customers and end-users at the heart of what we are building. We have embedded operational mining experts as a part of our cross-functional teams, connecting directly with our mining operations to more deeply discover their needs to unlock value. We test the value of our offerings before we build and scale them using lean techniques.
Skills & Expertise:
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in medium sized corporate web application development teams
- Solid experience with Django/Python
- Solid experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Highly experienced with CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong unit, integration, API and end-user automation testing experience, including TDD.
- Very experienced with operating, monitoring, supporting and troubleshooting production systems
- Experience with both SQL and No SQL databases
- Highly experienced at code reviewing, technical mentoring and constructive peer reviews.
- Experienced at coaching/teaching less experienced team members to help them successfully navigate different situations with positive outcomes.
- Experienced at running complex software projects from whimsical idea to production releases and support, working competently across the entire SDLC with a small team of engineers.
- Serious agile/lean experience expected.
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Django REST framework and API experience
- Some experience with BitBucket Code Pipeline / Ansible
- Celery, Rabbitmq, Redis, Docker Container
- AWS Serverless and Containers
- AWS Certified
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ronnie Reardon is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia ICT