Vacancy number • PUB406657
Brunel is currently searching for a Site Manager for direct hire for one of our global clients at their chemical manufacturing plant located in rural Kentucky.
As the Site Manager for this small chemical production plant, you will be accountable to plan, lead and manage the efficient manufacturing at this site and the achievement of zero harm. Your efforts will deliver results on plant and corporate goals and objectives as well as foster and live corporate values and ensure that business is operated within compliance of all state and federal laws and regulations.
About this role
- Provide passionate leadership and direction in the achievement of Zero Harm.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Company HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations.
- Lead and develop a workforce (including a leadership staff) to meet and/or exceed organizational objectives.
- Champion a culture of engagement and open communication.
- Direct and coordinate operations resources to ensure customer demands are met.
- Develop and manage a site-specific budget to include controlling the sites expenditure and assets to achieve financial targets.
- Align manufacturing strategies such as cost reductions, productivity improvements, organizational development, and safety performance to meet corporate business strategies.
- Develop, Maintain, and Improve site metrics and processes using LEAN methodologies as well as other progressive manufacturing techniques.
- Champion the development and implementation of organizational and manufacturing efficiency improvements.
- Participate (with Product Development and Engineering) in the development of new products and/or production processes.
- Actively participate as a member of the IS Leadership Team in understanding and solving organizational issues, looking at and capturing opportunity for business growth, and working toward a harmonious management of the IS Business.
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives through active participation, including identification of efficiency and quality improvements in work processes and problem solving.
- Financial acumen around capital budget, capital expenditure, and P & L.
- Quality assurance, quality control experience.
- Process safety management experience.
- Identify areas for performance improvement based on P & L as well as site and customer profitability.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor degree in an engineering related field is required - Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years combined in one or more of the following industries: energetic materials, chemical refining, or technical manufacturing.
- 5+ years in a management or leadership capacity in chemicals, manufacturing, or similar industry.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Experience with environmental laws and regulations and able to interact and discuss issues with regulatory compliance officials.
- Experience working around or knowledge of PETN is preferred.
- Ability to provide direction and coaching to others in an effective leadership manner.
- Must be able to be on call to assist with emergency plant matters as needed.
- Ability to travel ~10%.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Paid vacation time + 12 paid holidays + PTO days.
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available.
- Matching 401K.
- Generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Generous paid parental leave.
- Friendly and supportive coworkers.
Our client is a global manufacturer in the chemical industry.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406657