Shotfirer -Drill and Blast Operators
Vacancy number • PUB406459
Brunel is recruiting experienced and qualified Shotfirers for contract roles within a leading Iron Ore producer. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career with one of Australia’s top mining companies while taking advantage of an excellent pay rate and fantastic site culture. This role is on an 8/6 roster with genuine temp to perm and career progression pathways onsite.
About this role
Reporting to the Drill and Blast Supervisor, these positions will also be required to provide sufficient quantity and quality of blasted stock for mining or processing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform all duties as directed by the Drill & Blast Supervisory Team to meet daily operational targets.
- Operating machinery in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensuring all associated equipment is maintained in a safe condition.
- Ensuring Drill & Blast patterns are kept to a high standard.
- Using techniques and procedures that improve performance and cost efficiencies.
What you need to bring:
Education and Experience:
- WA Manual Driver's License
- Dangerous Goods Security Clearance
- Current WA Shotfirer's License
- Senior First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Communication/ interpersonal skills - two-way operation
- Electronic experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Mine Safety & Inspection and OHS Act/Regulations
- Basic computer and time management skills
- FIFO from Perth/Busselton/Karratha
- 8:6 roster / 12.5 hr. shifts
- Superannuation paid on all hours
- Genuine temp to perm opportunities if you display the right attitude and commitment.
- Brunel Benefits – salary packaging inc. options for flights ex east coast, flexible payroll options, discountedGym & health membership, corporate travel benefits plus more
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organizations on a contract, permanent, or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rebecca Daglan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406459