Senior Venture Control Accountant
Vacancy number • PUB406617
- Provide professional advice and guidance on division specific financial, accounting, management accounting, tax, and related issues, whilst demonstrating a sound understanding of the underlying principles, concepts, and standards.
- Perform analyses and present financial data, both internally and externally.
About this role
- Perform the accounting of all revenues ensuring correct invoice coding. Perform month end reconciliation which reconciles volumes to the production allocation reports.
- Perform the quarterly price adjustment reconciliation and post the adjustment invoices and co-ordinate the monthly account reconciliation process and perform own account reconciliations.
- Review allocated and direct operating costs for reasonableness and review the monthly capacity usage reconciliation.
- Review lease postings for accuracy and reasonableness and ensure all cash calls are posted and accounted for correctly.
- Compile the cash forecasting for technical SAP companies by coordinating and reviewing input from other areas of finance and review cash forecast for reasonableness before sending to treasury.
- Perform the monthly tax calculation. Coordinate and review inputs from Asset & Materials, Allocation and Planning. Prepare for and calculate tax post TPOB regime expiry. Address working level queries raised by Shareholder representative.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual financial statements, in particular drafting various financial notes and ensuring compliance with the most up to date IFRS reporting standards.
- Contribute to the preparation of Monthly Shareholder Reporting and query resolution from internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce the statistical reporting i.e., PPI report, QCB Report, Sales report, foreign investments survey, energy survey, and adhoc reports as required.
- Complete the monthly upload of the production volume data in BPC and associated revenues and ensure integrity of the inputs into the planning system.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual budget and long-term business plan (WP&B).
- Co-ordinate the approval and implementation of master data requests, ensuring that the various reporting hierarchies are consistently updated with new accounts or amended mappings
- Ensure a strong understanding of the compliance framework including standards of internal controls, addressing control gaps, and recommending process changes.
- Ensure an effective control environment is applied including application of Table of Financial Authority (TOFA).
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Accounting, Finance, Economic or Commercial discipline; or
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and an internationally recognized professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CA, CFA, CIMA, CMA, CPA).
- 5 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems.
- Strong financial knowledge in a range of areas including compilation and analysis.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of business software programmes such as EC, SAP and BPC
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- Permanent Hiring
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Bea Cristina Pineda is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406617