About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: North West England
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Thursday, March 23, 2023
About this role: Senior Tendering Engineer
- Are you looking for a new challenge? Our client, a High-Profile Global Organization within the Energy Sector, has an exciting job opportunity for a highly skilled Senior Tendering Engineer to work within one of their Project Teams;
- Start date: ASAP;
- Contract type: Permanent;
- Location: Aberdeen.
What you Will be Doing:
- Responsible for delivering all commercial aspects of allocated Client tenders and Budget Proposals including all associated subcontracts and supplier proposals in accordance with company procedures, processes and systems;
- Prepare and manage tender plan in conjunction with allocated Tender / Project Manager to ensure all defined deliverables are managed within agreed timeframes;
- Ensure all key progress and approvals meeting are held and minuted with appropriate attendees throughout the tender process;
- Prepare all internal tender process approval documents throughout the tendering phases and ensure approvals are made in a timely manner and in accordance with approved group policies and procedures;
- Prepare detailed and accurate cost estimate of defined technical solution(s) including contingency and risk provisions in conjunction with Tender / Project Manager. Complete Peer Reviews of cost estimates dependent on ITT ranking;
- Ensure appropriate tax, currencies hedging and cashflow requirements are defined and included for with the cost estimate and/or qualifications, with necessary finance approvals.
What you need to bring:
This Role is for you if:
- High standard of written and spoken English;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and direction;
- Extensive experience in a commercial environment performing a similar role which demonstrates exposure to the key commercial concepts in relation to commercial risk management with specific emphasis on tendering activities;
- Knowledge of contractual terms and conditions and proven ability to negotiate same with Clients and Suppliers;
- Technical and practical understanding of engineering, procurement, construction, and installation methods and techniques as applicable to the oil/gas/renewables industry;
- Able to act as ‘technical expert’ within the Commercial function;
- Experience in offshore / subsea related industrial environment;
- Knowledge of Subsea EPCI construction projects and associated subsea hardware;
- Professional or undergraduate degree level qualification in Commercial, Business Administration / Management, Purchasing or Legal discipline.
- As well as offering a competitive rate our client offers a attractive benefits package which includes life insurance, private healthcare and access to an onsite gym and restaurant.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester