About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, April 10, 2023
About this role: Senior Subcontracts Specialist
On behalf of our client, a High-Profile Global Leader in the Energy sector, Brunel is sourcing a Professional Senior Subcontracts Specialist for a 12 month contract located at their corporate CBD offices.
A guideline to responsibilities:
- Management of Subcontracts for Services within Subsea Construction
- Provide assistance to the Project Manager to produce the Project Execution Plan, including detailed subcontracting and procurement plans
- Preparation of Standard Terms and Conditions of Subcontract, modified where necessary to incorporate the requirements of the main contract
- Preparation of Invitation to Tender packages in conjunction with Project Engineers
- Evaluation of tender negotiation with tenderer and preparation of Recommendation of Award for approval
- Ensuring that Contra Charges are collated and recovered from Subcontractor’s accounts
- Assist Cost Controller and Project Manager with development of the Work Estimate
- Forecasting of cost at completion for major subcontractor and suppliers
- Verifications that cost to date, accruals and comments in respects to subcontractors and major procurement packages are accurate and reconcile with account information
- Assisting Purchasing/Procurement with the negotiation of commercial terms and conditions and evaluations of tenders
- Maintain awareness of and compliance with the Management system procedures which directly affect the work undertaken
What you need to bring:
- Commerce / Business qualification to degree level (ie as a Quantity Surveyor)
- Sound understanding of the principles of Contracts Law and business ethics and the contractual/ commercial principles adopted within the industry
- Understanding of scheduling programs such as Microsoft Project and Primavera - desirable
- A background in Project Engineering/ Construction Management within the offshore/onshore Oil & Gas industry
- Solid career history in the field of Subcontracts/Contracts Specialist
- Experience in vessel chartering - advantageous
- Opportunity knocks to work with this Global Leader in the Energy sector!
- Attractive negotiable hourly rate for the right candidate!
- Luxurious CBD offices!
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mandy Hobbs is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth