About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Industry: Medical devices
- Area of expertise: Embedded Software
- Location: Maple Grove
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, December 24, 2023
About this role: Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our client's growing team. The individual will be a major contributor of the software development process within the organization.
- Enforce the implementation of novel software features and enhancements, encompassing development, testing, and comprehensive documentation, adhering to all pertinent regulations and standards.
- Adapt software in response to hardware updates such as PCBA, pumps, valves, power supplies, and other components.
- Formulate and execute unit tests to guarantee software quality and reliability.
- Perform meticulous static code analysis and reviews to ensure the quality and thorough testing of the code.
- Ensure the timely delivery of software development milestones, including plans, requirements, and design documents, in accordance with IEC 62304 protocols.
- Conduct engineering studies and assess the feasibility of new software features.
- Investigate and resolve issues and anomalies, conducting risk and root cause analysis.
- Enhance the existing software infrastructure to establish a dependable development environment that aligns with FDA and company regulatory criteria.
- Provide software-related support to various departments, including Quality, Regulatory, and Operations.
- Offer technical expertise in software to investigate Non-Conformances (NCs), Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPAs), and customer complaints.
What you need to bring:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or a related field in Biomedical Engineering, coupled with at least 5 years of hands-on experience in embedded software, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Alternatively, a Master's degree in a related field along with at least 3 years of practical experience in embedded software, preferably in medical devices.
- Proficiency in programming with C and C++ for embedded systems is an essential prerequisite.
- Demonstrated experience in User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design for embedded devices, employing tools such as Qt/QML or similar alternatives.
- Competence in working with embedded operating systems, including QNX, Linux, and various Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Proficiency in multi-threaded programming and debugging techniques.
- Experience in integrating hardware and software, encompassing I/O, device drivers, emulators, and debuggers.
- Familiarity with software-controlled electromechanical products.
- Knowledge of serial and network data communication protocols.
- Proficiency in software development tools such as Git, Jira, virtual machines, Makefile, compilers, and more.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Meagan Geris is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel USA - Minneapolis