About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: VANCOUVER
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, February 27, 2023
About this role: Senior Project Planning Specialist
Brunel is seeking a Senior Project Planning Specialist for our mining client in Vancouver, BC to implement project planning and scheduling methods, procedures, and systems on projects.
- Lead the integration of scheduling and planning activities with regulatory bodies, external consultants and Teck internal groups.
- Develop and review schedule management plans, baseline schedule submissions and basis of schedules for all project stages.
- Develop and maintain a program master schedule.
- Develop and maintain a Teck schedule of work for each project and other required approvals in the program.
- Perform quality reviews on third party schedules.
- Recommend corrective actions and supervise their implementation.
- Ensure Teck’s commercial interest are protected.
- Integrate third party schedules into overall program master schedule.
- Support monthly forecasting.
- Provide guidance and training on project planning and scheduling methods, procedures and systems as required.
- Assist the Lead Planner in transferring program lessons learned and gathering historical data.
- Provide schedule input to help the project team define project execution plans and scope
What you need to bring:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in project planning and scheduling roles, with a minimum 10 years of experience on major resource projects is required.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience managing project schedules on projects worth greater than US$1B is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an Owner’s role is required.
- Minimum 3 years of construction site experience on a resource project is required.
- Hands on experience in planning workshops is required.
- Hands on experience in developing and progressing resource loaded schedules in Primavera is required.
- Experience working with permitting regulatory bodies and knowledge of environmental studies is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Project scheduling software; strong skills in Primavera P6 are required.
- Excellent knowledge of project management theory, especially in time and cost management, is required.
- Strong understanding in the areas of project planning, activity duration estimating, CPM schedule preparation, schedule analysis and schedule system application are required. Experience going through stage gate processes is an asset.
- PEng or AScT registration considered an asset.
- CCP, CEP, PMP or other similar designations considered an asset.
What We Offer:
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cherie Taylor is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary