About this job
- Market: Infrastructure
- Industry: Public & Civil
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: BRISBANE
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, April 3, 2023
About this role: Senior Project Engineer
A leading construction company is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Project Engineer to join their dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in civil engineering, across urban development and TMR projects, with at least 5 years of experience in a similar role.
In this highly responsible role, the Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for leading the technical aspects of construction projects and ensuring that each project is completed safely, on schedule, within budget, and to the specified quality. The Senior Project Engineer will report to the Project Manager or Construction Manager, and will also have a direct report to the Site Engineer.
Key relationships will include internal departments such as General Manager, Project Staff, Estimating, Finance, People and Culture, Workshop, and Office Staff, as well as external relationships with suppliers, consultants, regulatory bodies, councils, industry bodies, sub-contractors, and the client.
- Assist the Project Manager in the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closing of civil projects
- Manage the overall process of design documentation
- Coordinate employees, subcontractors, procurement, and equipment
- Maintain the quality system
- Provide technical and financial advice and support
- Conduct technical inspections and surveys
- Regular financial reporting and assessments
What you need to bring:
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree in civil engineering
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role
- Strong leadership skills and technical knowledge
- Experience in project management, financial management, and design control
- Strong commitment to health and safety
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
In addition to the above qualifications and experience, the ideal candidate will also align their values with the company's, which include accountability, innovation, collaboration, empowerment, and passion. The role requires an individual who is accountable for their actions, works well as part of a team, focuses on professional development, supports the opinions and ideas of others, and has a positive and dedicated attitude.
On offer is a very competitive salary and a true family centric culture with no weekend work
If you are a highly motivated and experienced Senior Project Engineer who is looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity to make a difference, then this is the role for you! Join our dynamic team and take the next step in your career.
Anything Else?Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world.We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tim Chapman is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane