Senior Process Engineer
Vacancy number • PUB406356
Brunel Energy is working with a major player in the LNG industry, looking to hire a Senior Process Engineer to support business from their Houston, TX office (with mobilization to Brownsville), in a contract-to-hire role.
The Senior Process Engineer ensures that the proper process design is employed for the engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and startup of projects. The position plays a key role in monitoring the activities of the EPC contractor in execution of multiple projects ensuring that a complete and safe process scope is generated, that the process design deliverables are suitable and that the commissioning and startup plans are completed and executed in a safe and efficient manner.
About this role
- Key member of the process engineering team which leads the interface across all engineering disciplines to ensure the design intent of the process and supporting utilities are met.
- QA/QC review of all applicable calculations by EPC contractor, and provide comments and guidance as appropriate.
- Validate content of drawings and specifications from EPC contractor to ensure that they meet the Scope of Work and Basis of Design
Write new Owner process equipment and piping specifications, develop new details, as required for project.
- Analyze process systems and develop methods for de-bottlenecking.
- Prepare documents (P&ID’s, PFD’s) for Hazards Analysis and lead HAZOPs and other formal safety reviews.
- Generate control philosophies and sequence of operations for processes.
- Review Designer’s quality on RFI answers, and submittal review
Write studies and reports for process systems on projects.
- Perform economic evaluations for processes.
- Perform front-end loading of process systems.
- Review and monitor process design and engineering of LNG liquefaction plant.
- Coordinate process technology licensor activities.
- Provide timely review of Contractor process engineering deliverables.
- Supports risk management activities such as LOPA and HAZOP.
- Provide support to operations readiness, commissioning and start-up activities.
- Resolve process engineering issues with EPC contractor, consultants, operations, maintenance and others including responses to FERC.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 10+ years experience in similar positions on large capital development projects, either as EPC or client.
- 5 years experience of LNG projects including at least 5 years in execution phase, from detailed design through to startup.
- Has a thorough and in-depth understanding of APCI liquefaction process.
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Experience with process simulation required with demonstrated real world model validation and application.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of process chemistry and engineering.
- Broad based knowledge and experience in chemical process and unit operations.
- Mentoring experience on technical topics.
- Understanding of chemical process control and safety system design, including Safety Case.
- Strong computational and data analysis skills.
- Strong IT skills with process modelling and process simulation software.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Rapid problem solving together with the ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of applicable process specifications and requirements.
and a safe on-boarding process. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are
supporting projects and clients worldwide. With Brunel you gain experience and expertise,
building on your skills and developing your career further.
continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and
talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Joshua Dean is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406356