Senior Piping Engineer
Vacancy number • PUB406621
- Perform Piping engineering activities for Projects Engineering Support Division ensuring that all activities comply with standardized processes and are delivered to the highest standards.
- Operates in technical environment with interface with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Required to contribute to other multi-disciplinary tasks whilst providing expertise in specialized area
About this role
- Ensure piping engineering activities are conducted in accordance with regulatory requirements, project specifications and approved variations if any.
- Resolve engineering issues that may arise and communicate with the Project Execution Team. Elevate issues to higher levels when necessary.
- Develop, update and amend various policies and procedures related to Projects Management Department as and when required in consultation with the Head of Projects Engineering Support and other team members.
- Coordinate with consultants, EPC contractors, 3rd party entities and ensure that design deliverables meet international codes, standards, project specification and best engineering practices
- Possess In depth understanding in interpret International codes and standards. As a part of conflict resolution interpret codes related to pressure vessels, Heat exchangers, Boilers, Incinerators, Furnaces etc
- Evaluate complex tasks and provide appropriate recommendations to management on issues. Provide support to other disciplines and contribute to other multi-disciplinary tasks.
- Ensure project specific engineering surveillance plans are applied during the screening and review of engineering deliverables. Solicit subject matter expert/technical Authority endorsement on specification deviations
- Be familiar with all Project Philosophies and Procedures and ensure that these are applied to the specification, design and procurement of piping items.
- Be focal point from discipline for safety studies , HAZOP, HAZID and facility wide risk assessment.
- Be discipline focal point during in depended project Reviews ( CERs) such as initial design readiness review, Final design readiness review, constructability reviews etc
- Ensures compliance with systems and processes including the Project Management System and maintains support and adoption of all processes. Prepare plans and work schedules that ensure effective completion of projects.
What you need to bring:
- Degree in Engineering or Science majoring in Engineering in the area of specialization
- 8 years’ experience in the area of specialization within Oil and Gas industry, of which 4 years’ are in project management team role.
- Possess in depth knowledge in international codes/stds such ASME B31.3, ASME B31.1, API standards and Dimensional stds.
- Exposure to design software CAESAR II
- Comprehend software outputs/reports and take appropriate decisions.
- Exposure to brown field environment will be added plus
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 2 years, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chirag Bhatt is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406621