Senior Operations Geologist
Vacancy number • PUB406665
On behalf of our client, a global lead energy operator, we are seeking a Senior Operations Geologist to join a dynamic team in Perth for a 12-month contract opportunity. T
he successful candidate will play a crucial role in providing operations geology expertise for Exploration Drilling Operations, ensuring efficient drilling operations and maintaining high standards of service delivery.
About this role
- Oversee the setup and maintenance of geotechnical contractors' systems for drilling programs.
- Coordinate geotechnical reporting and data recording systems.
- Troubleshoot equipment and service delivery problems by contractors.
- Maintain daily communication between onshore and offshore teams.
- Supervise and ensure quality control of daily and end-of-well data deliverables.
- Distribute regulatory reports to government bodies and joint venture partners.
- Compile post-drill reports and documents, including Well Completion Reports.
- Attend joint venture workshops for drilling operations.
- Conduct safety and hazard identification during drilling operations.
- Deliver well operations-related documentation and procedures.
- Coordinate services providers and standard operations procedures.
- Mentor graduate wellsite trainees and optimize Data Acquisition Programme.
- Participate in cost reduction initiatives and identify opportunities for new technologies.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor of Science in Geology or similar Geosciences degree.
- Strong experience in Well Planning & Operations Geology.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Knowledge of government and petroleum legislation.
- Experience in well design, planning, and logistics.
- Auditing third-party contractors for safety compliance.
- Ability to conduct activities safely and efficiently.
- Participation in safety programs and training.
- Promotion of workplace values and diversity.
- Identification of opportunities for technological advancements.
- Australian Full working rights
- 12 month contract opportunity
- Perth based
- Competitive rates
- Work with a global Lead Energy Operator
Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406665