About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Singapore
What is required?
- Hours per week: 44
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, April 29, 2023
About this role: Senior Material & Corrosion Engineer
The objectives of this role:
- To independently prepare Corrosion Assessment and Material Selection Studies following Company Guidelines and Standards and in line with Company Goal of maximizing value to Company and all stakeholders through the life of the facility (i.e. maximize life cycle profit and uptime);
- To independently prepare engineering deliverables associated with Materials and Corrosion discipline during FPSO / FSO projects FEEDs, Detailed Engineering and Execution phases effectively and efficiently according to the specified technical requirements, timelines, and budgets.
- Perform corrosion analysis and material selection studies for offshore Oil and Gas facilities (FPSOs / FSOs) involving systems such as oil separation and stabilization, gas compression, gas sweeting and dehydration, produced water treatment, seawater treatment, utilities, and marine systems;
- Independently prepare the Corrosion Assessment and Material Selection Report for the assigned project;
- Support other disciplines in the preparation for Piping, Valves, Equipment, and Systems requisition Specifications;
- Develop design philosophies, engineering specifications, data sheets, calculations, specific to the assigned project following Company Guidelines and Standards and validates them with the Lead Engineer;
- Review vendor proposals for Piping, Valves, Equipment, and Systems and support on the preparation of the Requisitions Technical Bid Evaluations process to ensure that selected vendors meet material requirements as stipulated in the project specifications and provides assessment to the Package Engineer;
- Evaluate supplier “after award” documentation (drawings, ITPs, welding / manufacturing / fabrication procedures, NDE procedures, etc;) and requests for deviations;
- Participate on KOM and inspection visits to manufacturers and fabrication yards (as applicable);
- Evaluate yard painting procedures and quality assurance programs liaising with Company painting and quality teams;
- Evaluate yard welding procedures and quality assurance programs liaising with Company welding and quality teams;
- Review and participate on the cathodic protection design of Hull and Tanks of facility;
- Liaise with Operations Integrity Teams to participate in the improvement of Corrosion Monitoring and Chemical Injection Optimization Strategies;
- Independently develop solutions to material & corrosion related problems by analyzing the issues/data, interpreting the analysis and evaluating various options/measures using experience, precedents and professional references;
- Participate in key stakeholder (Client / Supplier / Sub-contractor / Class) meetings, reviews stakeholders’ documents / comments and addresses interface/implementation/execution issues and escalates where necessary to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly.
What you need to bring:
- Educational Qualification: Materials & Corrosion Engineering degree at Bachelor or Master degree level;
- Minimum 7 years relevant working experience as Materials /Corrosion Engineer in Oil and Gas Sector;
- Relevant experience in Offshore Oil and Gas Processing Facilities related to corrosion, corrosion mitigation strategies, corrosion monitoring, material selection, surface preparation and coatings, cathodic protection, metallurgy (welding, manufacturing), etc; and comprehensive knowledge of Industry Codes and Standards (NACE MR 0175 / ISO 15156, ISO 21457, ASME B31;3, NORSOK M001, NORSOK M501, etc;);
- Preferably, Senior Engineer should be familiar with processing facilities and understand main process concepts involving Oil Separation and Stabilization, Produced Water Treatment, Gas Sweetening and Dehydration, Gas Compression, Seawater Treatment, etc;
- Software: MS Office, ECE (corrosion model) (preferred) or equivalent corrosion model.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Shahidan Mohamed Yusof is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Shahidan Mohamed Yusof
Brunel Energy Singapore