About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Saudi Arabia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Wednesday, April 12, 2023
About this role: Senior Low-Carbon Energy & Technology Strategist
- The Senior Low-Carbon Energy & Technology Strategist’s primary role is to provide strategic long-term perspectives and critical insights on low-carbon energy technologies of interest to Company, and global and country-specific market outlooks for low-carbon energy technologies and policies in the context of the global energy transition;
- Timely preparation of high-quality insights and publications (i.e. outlook reports, whitepapers, deep-dives) to support corporate-level strategic decisions and R&D related to the company’s low-carbon energy technology solutions;
- Provide comprehensive global market and industry research of conventional and emerging low-carbon energy technologies such as: solar, wind, tidal, geothermal, biomass and nuclear, amongst others;
- Conduct quantitative techno-economics analyses and research on market dynamics, technology trends, project development and financing, market integration, costs and supply chain analysis and relevant policies and regulations; develop written reports; and deliver presentations to internal stakeholders;
- Provide insights and recommendations to management and colleagues in response to inquiries pertaining to Technology Outlook & Strategy reports and publications, which are supported by rigorous research and analysis of low-carbon energy technologies;
- Keep abreast of evolving global policies and regulations impacting the energy and chemicals industry; with particular focus on clean energy technologies supporting the energy transition, climate and sustainability; and determine the impact, pace of change, and challenges and opportunities for the business.
What you need to bring:
- Master's degree in a relevant science or engineering discipline, Economics, or Energy Policy; a PhD would be a distinct advantage;
- At least ten years of professional experience related to the Energy and Chemicals industry; with particular focus on low-carbon energy technologies and their applications; as well as policy and regulations;
- Possess strong techno-economic modeling skills to assess the impact of global and regional economic, policy and technology developments on energy and chemicals;
- Thorough understanding of how local and global systems work, and how evolving policies and regulations affect the industry;
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated recognition by peers as an energy expert with a deep understanding of key issues impacting the global energy industry and how low-carbon energy technologies can play a role in a sustainable energy landscape;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully translate strategic and business objectives into actionable technology and R&D imperatives;
- Proven track record in producing high quality reports, journal articles, whitepapers, concept notes, etc;
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with varied internal audiences, including scientists, engineers, business professionals, PR personnel, economists, executives, as well as with external collaborators and partners.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai