Senior Health & Safety Advisor
Vacancy number • PUB406608
Are you a seasoned Health & Safety professional looking to make a meaningful impact in the renewable energy sector? Our client, a global leader in clean energy solutions are seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Health & Safety Advisor to join their team on their exciting project in Gladstone QLD
About this role
Based in Gladstone QLD the focus of this role will be to offer support, advice and mentoring throughout all phases of this exciting Hydrogen Project.
Reporting directly to the Construction Manager, you will be instrumental in monitoring and assisting with implementation of the clients Health and Safety Management System, while providing specialist H&S advice, and influence positive safety behaviors throughout all levels of the organisation.
- Influencing positive safety interactions and driving practical outcomes whilst ensuring industry best practice is applied.
- Provide mentorship and Safety Leadership through positive engagement with the client and Contractor Management Teams across the Project;
- Collaborate with Contractors Management Team to ensure alignment with the clients Health and Safety Management System, current legislation and best practice;
- Assist with conducting incident investigations at the site level, completion of incident / investigation.
- Assist with the development of Team Based Risk Assessments and Critical Risk Assessment Workshops for the scope of work you are responsible for;
- Assist the team and Contractor Management team in their accountability to implement, monitoring and reviewing of the site Safety Management system, whilst driving H&S initiatives;
- Reinforcing the clients commitment to preventing injuries, illnesses, and damage to property;
What you need to bring:
- Extensive experience in construction, processing or mining operations
- Tertiary qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety (or equivalent);
- Lead Investigator (ICAM)
- Cert IV Training and Assessment or similar
- Lead or internal Auditor certificate
- Cert IV Leadership and Management or similar
- Experience in contractor management
- Experience in Risk Management
- Gladstone QLD based role
- Monday - Friday roster
- 12 contract with potential to extend
- Amazing opportunity to work on a Hydrogen/renewables project