About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Canada
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, March 16, 2023
About this role: Senior Finance Project Manager
Our client is a Canadian precious metals mining company with four global operating mines.
Reporting to the VP of Finance and Accounting, the Senior Manager, of Finance Projects will support the modernization of the finance function as the company implements new tools, systems, and processes to support finance operations, the growth of the business, and regulatory compliance.
The Senior Manager will be a key member of the finance team in achieving this future state.
- Support the Corporate Controller in the delivery of the digital strategy to modernize the tools and processes used at the corporate entity and mine sites
- Assist in the development of a new suite of financial and management reports to support the reporting process
- Provide timely and concise communications to project sponsors and steering committee regarding project status and escalating risks on a timely basis
- Partner with various business partners including internal audit, local site finance teams, and planning to identify and implement process improvement opportunities through standardization, simplification, and automation
- Identify opportunities to optimize the corporate and site close process to reduce the time required to report
- Act as the primary contact between Finance and IT to improve the use and adoption of key financial systems and tools
- Build consensus with stakeholders at the corporate and site level to drive change and improve processes
- Leverages financial and business knowledge to drive process improvements and create efficiencies
- Develop and monitors business performance metrics
What you need to bring:
- University degree in business (commerce/finance/accounting) with a CPA
- 8+ years of working in mining operations and finance with at least 5 years in a financial leadership role
- Experience operating at a large multi-national mining company
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Experience with the SAP ERP system
- Track record of managing and delivering IT solutions and transformations within the Finance organization
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Fluency in Spanish or French preferred
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Anything Else?About UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary